Ansco Cadet II camera

Greetings.

This looks to be a fairly simple camera.

One collector lists the Cadet II as being introduced in 1965. The camera apparently has just one shutter speed and two apertures -- neither seems to be marked.

I'm going to guess that the red button is the shutter release. The black dial/knob on the bottom is used to wind the film.

The camera was sold with a flash unit that attached to the top of the camera.

As far as a manual, that might be tough to find. Possibly you might find one in an online auction.

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...

<p>I just want to say to the entire Classic Camera Community a BIG SHOUT OUT to Bill Smith !!!<br>

Above my expectations and with great effort and spirit he scanned the Cadet II instruction booklet and attached them to emails pronto. Bill your the Man of the Month. <br>

Ahh heck Bill, YOU THE MAN..BOSS !. Thank you.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

<p>Unfortunately the hard drive <strong>AND</strong> backup that had the Cadet pdf's got <strong>'fried'</strong> And to make matters worse, a tiny field mouse somehow got into my 3 in 1 machine and chewed some wires and<strong> now my scanner doesn't work</strong>, How do I know a mouse did it? Because when I opened the cover, <strong>a mouse ran out od the back of the machine.</strong> LOL<br>

The good news is that I still have the original and will get it scanned at a friend's house, but I don't know when I can get there.</p>

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...