Another new look??

michaellinder

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I opened my portfolio a bit earlier, some elements appeared to be rearranged; the best example is the image uploader. Even more severe, I don't see a link to "my library." Has this feature been removed? If so, how do I download an image?

Never mind the last question....

/my/library is now labeled as just "photos" in the menu, it should take care of everything for you and load and run faster. The uploader will have auto-complete and 'apply all' function added, gallery is: "ABC" / Description is "XYZ"

then you can click 'apply all' to apply quickly to all the photos your uploading at once. thanks

• Like 1

/my/library is now labeled as just "photos" in the menu, it should take care of everything for you and load and run faster. The uploader will have auto-complete and 'apply all' function added, gallery is: "ABC" / Description is "XYZ"

then you can click 'apply all' to apply quickly to all the photos your uploading at once. thanks

Thanks. I'm getting the hang of it now.

Is the default page that opens after login still the Library or now Photos page? Or can that now be changed?

The "Library" page now has white background (no longer blue) with thumbnails of all my photos having an oversized analytics box covering the bottoms of the thumbnail previews. Pretty clunky looking.

Glenn:

I'm flabbergasted. You have hundreds of years of cumulative memberships that are so frustrated they're dropping like flies and all you offer is a flippant remark? I think Herman deserves a sincere apology and a thoughtful, honest response.

Of course how you handle it is your choice.

Mike

• Like 2

all you offer is a flippant remark

Mike, I'm not sure if you realize but Glenn's response is a hyperlink* (yes, they are poorly implemented and difficult to see ) that takes people to 'recent activity' so I don't think his response is just a flippant remark. A bit terse maybe…

* it's basically photo.net address + "/my/activity"

Edited by Norman 202

Mike, I'm not sure if you realize but Glenn's response is a hyperlink* (yes, they are poorly implemented and difficult to see ) that takes people to 'recent activity' so I don't think his response is just a flippant remark. A bit terse maybe...

Norman:

You are correct about the link, I didn't see the response as a link. However, "My Activity" won't help Herman any more than the terse response. My Activity does catalog comments but just try and follow any particular image there, it's maddening since they're presented in random order (not newest on top). A simple sort function that I've lobbied for till I'm tired of asking would fix it. Thank you for catching the link, it does make the comment more palatable.

Glenn:

Never let it be said that I can't see my mistakes and offer my apology for my hasty post. I will temper that apology with the fact that the Emperor still doesn't have any clothes.

Mike

Since 1993, photo.net has been an engaging community for photography enthusiasts.

Photo.net is robust, collaborative peer-to-peer educational platform for photographers ranging from hobbyists to professionals. We have created an online community that brings people together and provides lively forums, competitive photo contests, information about the hottest gear, tutorials to help you on your journey, inspirational interviews, and more. Most importantly, we offer the chance to put your photography in front of top rated photographers from all around the world to find out specifically how you can improve. You'll have the opportunity to share your knowledge as well. Teaching, after all, is the best way to learn. By participating in Photo.net and joining this worldwide community, you'll be in good company: the site receives more than 3.0 million visits each month, and almost 5 million photographs have been uploaded to the site since its founding more than 20 years ago.

Mission statement. A worthy goal. Education that is. Technical problems can hinder the best classroom. Just sayihg.

• Like 1

Glenn:

I'm flabbergasted. You have hundreds of years of cumulative memberships that are so frustrated they're dropping like flies and all you offer is a flippant remark? I think Herman deserves a sincere apology and a thoughtful, honest response.

Of course how you handle it is your choice.

Mike

When I copy and paste the link it saved it as that - the URL rendered as Photo.net - Where Photographers Inspire Each Other - however it should have been photo.net/my/activity

Thanks, I think communication has been in short supply by a besieged management to a frustrated, helpless contingent of members. The stated lack of time to properly respond to seriously concerned members and the time saved by short, confusing answers is counter productive, as evidenced by the stagnant condition in this help forum and the disappearing membership. You're down to about a dozen (a loose guess) contributors to the Photo Critique and only a few who stubbornly continue to try to solve their software issues here in Help. I'm not in that "few"; my request for the ability to track comments is a moot point since there are no members left to track.

Communicate, communicate, communicate and revamp this dog or just do us all a favor and pull the plug... Mike

• Like 3

You're down to about a dozen (a loose guess) contributors to the Photo Critique

Why do you assume this means p.net is getting smaller? In the tiny town where I live, everybody waves at everybody else. In the slightly larger town up the road where I grew up, nobody waves. In the really big towns where I've been, waving can lead to a smack in the head. Maybe the fact that there about 7 billion photographers in the world means we don't wave at each other anymore, much less critique one by one. Change. It happens.

My experience, having lived in large cities all my life, is that I've never waved at someone and been smacked in the head. And I've never seen anyone else wave at someone and get smacked in the head. Maybe this is all going on behind my back!? But these kinds of stereotypes make good Internet memes, don't they? My suspicion would be that most people getting smacked in the head in big cities are either horsing around or looking for trouble.
  • Like 2
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

My experience, having lived in large cities all my life, is that I've never waved at someone and been smacked in the head. And I've never seen anyone else wave at someone and get smacked in the head. Maybe this is all going on behind my back!? But these kinds of stereotypes make good Internet memes, don't they? My suspicion would be that most people getting smacked in the head in big cities are either horsing around or looking for trouble.

Big cities are not different than small towns: every neighborhood in the big city is like a small village...

• Like 2

Scare passers by and at the grocery by smiling at them. It is hard to ignore someone who has a warm smile. I have been working on a library assistant at the check out desk for a year or so....she is a tough sell. Maybe it is a remnant of the aloha thing here. We are a bedroom community, but there is a sense of community. People do have this bubble thing. It is all about "excuse me, oops, pardon me" if one brushed against someone. I think that is not an African thing at all. In Kenya everybody wants to be as close as possible...it gets to be a cultural thing and I am not sure what it implies. Watch people in an elevator for example. Funny sort of. And yet, at the hospital elevator, a kind hi wlll always get a nice return hi. Maybe it is situational after all..interesting kind of.. Edited by GerrySiegel

Why do you assume this means p.net is getting smaller? In the tiny town where I live, everybody waves at everybody else. In the slightly larger town up the road where I grew up, nobody waves. In the really big towns where I've been, waving can lead to a smack in the head. Maybe the fact that there about 7 billion photographers in the world means we don't wave at each other anymore, much less critique one by one. Change. It happens.

If there's any logic in your statement, it escapes my understanding. So, it's a sign of the times that a pitifully produced and presented site is so non-functional that members leave in droves and don't post for critique because 1) no one is looking or commenting and 2) even if a comment is made no one knows it or can track the comment thread? Tell that to the other sites where comments are made and hundreds of views occur in a few hours. I only make these entreaties to management and continue to monitor progress (and lack thereof) because of the many years of member commaraderie I've enjoyed here on PNet. Sadly I don't see any way to reverse this fiasco to reclaim that community.