Another great film is history.

<p>I don't know how long Fuji will last. My best estimate is that color film from Fuji will last a little longer than color film from Kodak. As for Kodak, some of the more dire predictions that Kodak would end film production by the end of 2014 have not come to pass. Apparently there is a group of Hollywood directors who prefer film who have made commitments to purchase certain quantities. As long as motion picture film keeps the plant open, there will be some color still film products as well. </p>

<p>Sorry, Ted, but why the "Chicken Little" post when the B&H website still plainly lists Superia 200. When was the last time you checked the site--or bought a Superia film? When Fujifilm axes Superia, the end will be in view. All that's been cut so far is Superia 200 in 36exp rolls which happened some time ago.</p>

<p>There was much hair-tearing recently when Portra was discontinued in 220 which some misread as the end of Portra. Not.</p>

<p>Personally, I wouldn't see the end of Superia 200 or other 200-speed films as a great loss. Never used them.<br /><br />Going back to my newspaper days and shooting Tri-X every day, I've always considered 400 to be "normal" speed. And 400 has gotten even better in the 20-30 years since then. I have gone to 50 and 100 speed Velvia when I wanted something extra sharp. Usually skipped over the 160 Portra and Fuji portrait films in favor of the 400. Used 800 and 1600 Fuji when I needed something fast.<br /><br />So, IMHO, 200 isn't slow enough to provide a significantly better image than 400, and it isn't fast enough to be as convenient as 400. And as the selection of film options dwindles away, I think it's expendable. I can see there being 50 speed films for the ultra fine grain, 400 as normal and 1600 as high speed. But as less film is sold and the market dries up, the economics just aren't going to support a lot of in-betweens.</p>

<p>Sounds like you never shot much Superia 200, Craig. I do and find it remarkably good for hitting a sweet spot in terms of contrast, saturation and grain--far better than long-gone Superia 100 and still-available Superia 400 and close to Reala. Superia 200 seems to scan especially well through the Frontier lines at Fujifilm.ca.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Sorry, Ted, but why the "Chicken Little" post when the B&H website still plainly lists Superia 200. When was the last time you checked the site--or bought a Superia film?<br>

</p>

</blockquote>

<p>How do you know Ted was referring to Superia? Superia is not the only ISO 200 print film that Fuji make.</p>

<p>I shot one roll of a Fuji 200 speed color print film on vacation and the colors looked very different from those of the Superia 400. I still have a supply of CVS (Fuji) 200 speed color print film in one of the freezers. I rate it at 160 and it's fine but it doesn't look like the roll of current Fuji 200 I shot last year. </p>

<p><em>Fujicolor 200</em><br /><em> Fuji C200</em><br>

<em>Both the above are not rebranded Superia and are still manufactured and sold globally.</em><br>

<em><br /></em>That might have been the case some time ago but I'd be surprised if these films didn't have a CA/C-200 edge code. Those are early/old versions of Superia 200. They're generally unavailable as anything other than imports on the N. American market now. The current Superia 200 is widely available in Canada and the US.<br>

<em> </em><br>

<em> </em></p>

<blockquote>

<p>That might have been the case some time ago but I'd be surprised if these films didn't have a CA/C-200 edge code.<br>

</p>

</blockquote>

<p>C200 has the CA24 edge code. Probably the old Superia but it's certainly not the same film as the current Superia 200.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>They're generally unavailable as anything other than imports on the N. American market now.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That may be true but it's still a current emulsion, is still in production and can be bought in the USA: http://www.adorama.com/FJCASP36.html</p>

<p>No clue what Fujifilm has in cryo-suspension and sells as imports into the N. American market or elsewhere around the planet but neither Fujifilm USA/Canada sells anything other than the current iteration of Superia 200. The OP should be aware that Superia 200--whatever the incarnation--is still available in N. America.</p>

<p>The Superia 200 is actually a great film. For the price Fuji offers it gives you a lot. I haven’t seen any discontinuity note about this film. But even it is this way I guess it’s simply been replaced by Agfa Vista 200 plus that’s, by some sources, made by Fuji also. I believe that same as with all this digital junk like Fujifilm X series Fuji plays this rebranding/repacking goofy game. </p>

<p>Sorry guys I'm not talking about Superia, I'm talking about their consumer's 200 ISO film. IMHO I see the discontinuance of this film as a negative sign in the future trend of color negative film, just thought it was productive to share my opinion with you. Disagree with one who said that B&H has a reputation of reporting false news. Like or not the film is now discontinued.</p>

<p>I checked with 2 film dealer friends and they have not received any notice from FUJI. If B&H got one then they are the only dealer that did. Sometime a store will self discontinue something that is not selling well. I have seen this in many cases.<br /> Yes emulsions are thinning out but it is the cheap ones that tend to survive.</p>

<p>Well I cried the day Plus-X died but then I discovered ORWO UN54 and I wondered why I had not used it before. We all have to make the best of situations and sometimes we get pushed into better situations. As for the Death of a film I prefer to hold off on a death notice until I get more concrete conformation.</p>

<p>Got a link showing where Fuji has discontinued its ISO 200 color film, or where B&H shows it as discontinued? As of this writing, <a href="http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/film/35mm_print/index.html">Fuji's website shows it as available</a> and <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/93078-USA/Fujifilm_15719395_CA_135_24_Fujicolor_200.html">B&H shows it as in stock</a>.</p>