Annual Conference for All Photographers

I just wonder why don't you plan for an annual conference which gathers all

different photographers from all over the world. This conference will show the

last techniques in digital or typical photography and related equipments and

methods. I have no idea if there are similar conference which may organize

internationally in a specified country in North America or Europe. I need your

appreciated comments and supports. Regards.

It's an interesting suggestion but I'm not sure how practical it would be.

Most large photography shows are based on revenue generated by manufacturers and sellers displaying wares, whereas the kind of conference you suggest would probably have to depend upon fees paid by the attendees. That might work if it's tied to a specific professional organization, but again the model is a bit weak because photographers, unlike licensed or certified professionals, generally don't have a requirement for some sort of continuing education.

The suggestion wouldn't work at all for non-professional photographers because all of the fees would have to come directly out of their pockets and couldn't be written off for tax purposes -- for most of us that would make it a low priority event when compared to other activities, like family vacations, school schedules, etc.

"I think they already have that. It's called "The Internet". See you there."

Yes, that's other problem -- most photographic content that might go into a conference is already covered by traditional, and quite efficient, means, for example: books, clubs, the web, workshops/working tours, etc. What's new in photography is the gear, and that is covered by the existing trade shows.

You might argue things like boat shows, auto shows, home shows, flower shows, etc., but in that case its expensive or bulky gear that would require the consumer to travel around to see all that's available. But in photography much of the gear most of us can afford is on show at the local photo shop.

I'm not bashing an interesting concept, but rather suggesting why it might not take hold.