Angelbird memory cards?

Anyone used these?

I'm looking for some reasonably priced, reasonably fast UHS II sd cards and I've come across this brand.

Looks like they're based in Austria and they claim to test their cards for quality & speed, though I suspect they get their raw stock from the same far eastern production lines as everyone else.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Aren't SD cards ubiquitous, and widely available from many well known and time tested brands? Why mess around with some unknown brand X?

OK a quick search turns them u for sale a B&H and Amazon. Zero reviews at B&H, 10 "customer ratings" at A-zon @ 3.4 stars out of 5.

50% rating them at 5 stars,

19% giving 3 stars, and

31% allowing a 1 star rating on Angelbird AV PRO SD 128gb UHS-II SDXC Internal Memory Cards for Cameras

Here's the top critical (1 star) review:

"1.0 out of 5 starsDoes not work as advertised

Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2018

I am using this SD Card with my Panasonic GH5, I was shooting a wedding today and I got the error message "recording was cancelling due to the limitation of the writing speed of the card" but I was only recording at 8bit for less than 1-minute at the following settings (MP4/8BIT/4K/60P).

My Sandisk 95MB/s SD Card is able to handle these setting for hours of recording with no problems. I bought this card with the much higher read/write speeds so I could utilize the 10bit setting of the GH5 but this card is not even able to handle the 8bit recording. According to a few youtube review videos this is the best SD Card for the GH5 10bit settings but so far it is a huge disappointment, especially at $199. I just sent this same message to the seller and I will update this review when I hear back from them."

I mean, OK each to their own. NOT my style tho. Why F around with cr@p (or even remotely questionable) gear?

For comparison on the 128 gb cards,

Sandisk (at Amazon), rated 4.2 out of 5 stars:

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Extreme-Pro-Memory-UHS-II/dp/B01N9JC7ET/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sands+128gb+sdxc+card&qid=1580681294&sr=8-3

and Angelbird, quoted above:

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Extreme-Pro-Memory-UHS-II/dp/B01N9JC7ET/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sands+128gb+sdxc+card&qid=1580681294&sr=8-3

Edited by Ricochetrider