Anatomy of lines.

pavel_l.

Well, hmmm. I love industrial scenes and settings, but there seems to be too much of everything and not enough of anything in this for me to get a grip on what you were shooting here. There are many nice textures in this image, but it feels a little disjointed to me. My eye wants to run right up the line of rivets, yet I get half way up and get lost in everything else... or sidetracked. Or something. I guess there is some cohesion in that all leading lines l take us to the same spot- the upper right corner of the frame. Unfortunately, when I get there, there is pretty much nothing to see.

Well, hmmm. I love industrial scenes and settings, but there seems to be too much of everything and not enough of anything in this for me to get a grip on what you were shooting here. There are many nice textures in this image, but it feels a little disjointed to me. My eye wants to run right up the line of rivets, yet I get half way up and get lost in everything else... or sidetracked. Or something. I guess there is some cohesion in that all leading lines l take us to the same spot- the upper right corner of the frame. Unfortunately, when I get there, there is pretty much nothing to see.

Thank you Ricochetrider.

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.

Per Ricochet's observation about the line of rivets, it seems to me that there at least two alternative crops that may lead to a more effective image. Play with it and see what you come up with. In my opinion, the real value is to be found in abstraction.

Thank you Michael, I give it a try.

• Like 1

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.