An "Old Friend" keepin' it simple

dave_wilson1

<p>I ran into a photographer buddy last night who I haven't seen in at least 10 years. He is a very accomplished event photographer and has the finest skills. He was working a very high-end fund raiser social event, I was there in a different capacity. We chatted briefly and he asked me if I was still shooting, I told him only for fun but that I finally did buy some digi gear. The point is he used two nice Canon cameras each with a nice zoom lens, and a simple shoe flash on each camera, worked quietly and efficiently without missing a trick. He had no bags of excessive equipment and do-dads, nothing to interfere with his thinking. He missed nothing. His ability to mingle and socialize with the guests, get them to smile and laugh and capture the moment was indeed masterful. He is a true expert at what he does and I enjoyed the time observing his work.</p>

<p>Yep, had a pro friend like that who I known all my life. Had numerous award winning journalistic & sports photos. You would see his photos in Sports Illustrated. Last time I saw him he had a Nikon, extra body, couple of lenses, & a couple of radio tiggered flashes. He called it his studio in a bag. He has since passed away.</p>