"An historic global announcement" coming tommorrow Nov. 3rd from Canon?

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by larz711, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Any ideas?

2. It could be the history-writing Nikon 1 rival.
    It's time for a new forum-category: sub-micro Four-Thirds :)

3. The only thing I've heard is it will be an expensive video camera around 15K. Not an slr.

4. http://wideopencamera.com/cameras/rumor-canon-4k-s35-video-camera-announce-november-2011/
    It's just a rumour. Means nothing at this moment in time.

5. They will be merging with Nikon. All current Nikon and Canon cameras and lenses will be obsolete, and the new jointly developed system will be fully compatible with Sony's A mount.

6. Frank Mueller [​IMG], Nov 02, 2011; 09:24 p.m.
    They will be merging with Nikon. All current Nikon and Canon cameras and lenses will be obsolete, and the new jointly developed system will be fully compatible with Sony's A mount.​
    Good news! But can I mount a Noctilux on it to shoot some pictures of fat cats?

7. it's the 50mm f/1.8 III

8. They are not going to make cameras or lenses anymore . . . just printers, because they want to concentrate on their "core" business.

9. They are going out of business and wont support any of their current or past products ?

10. No. It's the 17-40/4.0 II. PLEASE!
    But somewhat seriously, given that Nov. 3 is a national holiday in Japan ("Culture Day"), it's a rather unlikely day for a Japanese company to do anything.

11. All future cameras will have wifi plus twitter & FB built in so you can post your pics directly to FB - cos that is what is important these days.

12. Maybe they've bought all those Kodak patents...

13. Since when is $15K expensive for a professional video camera?
    [[But somewhat seriously, given that Nov. 3 is a national holiday in Japan ("Culture Day"), it's a rather unlikely day for a Japanese company to do anything.]]
    Canon announced they were announcing something on November 3rd back in September.
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=1230

14. Think you may be on to something Dan. I just don't think a new video camera qualifies as "an historic global announcement". But what really can from a camera company anyway? But who knows, it could revolutionize the way major motion pictures are shot?

15. Maybe they're announcing a Video Camera with interchangable lenses that allows you to shoot stills too?
    Oh...wait...

16. Maybe they're buying Lytro? Just kidding...

17. Video camera to compete with the Red.

18. EOS C 300... Not a rumour anymore. Looks impressive. With a 30-300mm Zoom. Will we have to wait as long as we have/had to for the 200-400mm f/4L IS lens..?

19. Yep, no 5d mark 3, or 3d mark 1, yet. Looks like I'll be purchasing the 5d mark 2, again, to replace the cliff diver. dammit.
    http://www.dvinfo.net/article/acquisition/canon-eos/canon-usa-announces-cinema-eos-c300-and-eos-c300-pl-cameras.html

20. Interesting zoom... "Canon Zoom Lens CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S"... I guess roughly f/2.8-f/3.5, with EF mount, possibly usable on DSLRs? Probably doesn't have full frame coverage on all focal lengths, since it's apparently made for Super 35, but it ought to cover APS-C. I wonder if it will have mirror issues?

21. Woppee for them : good nite