An Englishman in France

rgs

Hello everyone,

I've at last taken the plunge to join a forum or two (this one looked like one of the best) to share thoughts, images, critique and am looking forward to the experience.

As the title suggests, I was born and bred in London, England but have lived close to the Swiss-French border (Geneva-Annecy) for most of my life. Interested in photography for about 40 years but still learning of course.

Richard George Simmons

• Like 1

Welcome to Photonet, Richard!

Looking forward to seeing your posts and photos I'm a Welshman in The Netherlands and I've lived here for 40+ years. Almost all of the photos (snaps) I take these days are as a volunteer for a couple of local organisations. I don't post them here. But your post reminded me that I could post more links now and again. For critique.

Best wishes,

Mike

QUOTE="rgs, post: 5797922, member: 10987129"]Hello everyone,

I've at last taken the plunge to join a forum or two (this one looked like one of the best) to share thoughts, images, critique and am looking forward to the experience.

As the title suggests, I was born and bred in London, England but have lived close to the Swiss-French border (Geneva-Annecy) for most of my life. Interested in photography for about 40 years but still learning of course.

Richard George Simmons

Welcome to P.net.

I don't live too far from where I was born, but for all that, I am pretty much an alienated "rootless cosmopolitan" :rolleyes:

There's still room here for differences, and as a description for a tropical island I once thought about visiting said:

The biting fly problem is much reduced

Thanks for your words of welcome Mike. I agree that too often we amateur photographers hesitate to show our photos to the world. If my post encourages you to do that, then I certainly look forward to seeing them.

Welcome to P.net.

I don't live too far from where I was born, but for all that, I am pretty much an alienated "rootless cosmopolitan" :rolleyes:

There's still room here for differences, and as a description for a tropical island I once thought about visiting said:

Thanks for your welcome JDMvW. Look forward to exchanging views with an 'alienated rootless cosmopolitan' ;)

• 3 weeks later...