Amvona/DynaTran tripods

saddleboy

Hello, I've actually got a review up on my website about Amvona. At the moment I have up only the review on the 3-way pan tilt tripod head. You should take a look. ( www.Digihack.net ) I also bought their tripod as well as a background holding system, which I will review soon and post up. You can read about the pan-tilt head on the site. As forthe tripod though, in a nutshell, it's pretty decent, (I bought a heavyier version) it's sturdy and strong. I do have my gripes though, it's mostly metal but there are small plastic peices here and there which if they were to break would be a big problem. I'm not sure yet of how long they last. If you can get on in the $40 range, then I think it's a pretty good deal considering the cost of a Manfrotto or something else. However,if you have the money, just get the manfrotto. No need to end up buying something twice. -dennison www.digihack.net

I've had a lot of problems with Amvona products and service. (I won four eBay auctions at about the same time.) Three items were returned as unacceptable (two of them twice). It took a lot of time, effort, and shipping expense to resolve. I wouldn't think of doing business with them again.

As others have written, buy Bogen. A lot of people spend double or more on tripods and heads because they go for low price and low weight. Then they have to upgrade. Thom Hogan has an excellent article about this at www.bythom.com/support.htm.

Thank you all for a quick answer. Fortunatly, i did not win the auction for a Dynatran... Guess i knew the answer already but it's always good to dream a little.

BTW, i'm a little nervous, i just don't know how many linguistic mistakes i made in that post, lots probably...anyway i for sure will never forget how to spell "waste", Thanks to Roberts & Collins.

Thanks to all of you as well, Cheers.

Pascal

Chris,

I couldn't agree with you more about doing business with Amvona... I won a backdrop

from them and it was a piece of garbage (torn and uneven dyes throughout.) However, I

couldn't get them to replace it even though they made promises to make things right!

I certainly wouldn't do business with them again either... even if they were the only

available source for a piece of gear/equipment!

Cheers

• 1 year later...
Amvona rocks... period. It always amazes me to read all the negative stuff on forums. It seems that is all that gets posted. I have their 858BL legs with a grip ballhead that is of the same quality as the "name" brands mentioned. I paid $60 from an auction on ebay. It blows my mind still that they can sell this kind of quality stuff that cheap. I asked their rep I deal with if she knew the answer to that question. She said ADVERTISEMENT and name brand recognition. There are other quality brands on the market than Chevy or Ford....

• 3 weeks later...
I also cannot understand the negative response. I purchased DynaTran 8A-806A light stands from a supplier over here in the U.K. to replace my Manfrotto and Bowens stands in my studio. They knock spots of both, are far stronger,air cushioned and a fraction of the rip of price to replacing with Manfrotto or Bowens.

• 2 months later...

I have purchase several product from Amvona. Some Good.

Some not so good. My most recent experience was on ebay. I purchased several backdrops including a popup cromakey. It had crush marks from being folded. I could not get the cruh mars to go away. I called amvona and they replaced it. The replacement had the same problems. I left a negative feed back on ebay. Within 12 hours I was banned form bidding on any amvona products. Now mind you I have made purchases before from amvona on ebay and left positive responses. Guess I'll be shopping somewhere else.