American traveling to Athens, then to Istanbul...what papers do I need?

zenzanon

Can you find google from/on your computer? Turkey embassy, travel agent ...

What if the rules have changed and what we give you will have you arrested at the border.

How foolish can we be not to google for information ourselves, George; by George!

Of course the most important paper - after the passport - is usually green $ bills. You know that?

www.lonelyplanet.com has lots of this sort of info in its forums and you can post questions if you can't find a previous post on the matter. The people there are generally as knowledgeable about travel as people here are about photography. I can't imagine there being much of a problem in either country. An America passport paves the way through a lot of doors though less so than in the past because of the way we treat residents of other countries who are visiting here.

I went to Turkey in March. You will need a current US passport and then you will buy an entry visa sticker at the airport in Istanbul. The fee for US citizens is $20 cash. I found the Turkish people to be enormously hospitable. At no time while in Turkey did I feel at risk or in danger. In fact I felt much safer than if I had been visiting a major US city.