Amazon Cloud Storage for Photos

I am also looking for storage / backup options for my new computer. The review does not seem to outline what types of files Amazon Drive defines as "photo" files (are RAW files considered photos or data?).

You really want to be looking at something like Backblaze to backup everything, all the time, unattended, etc. Unlimited in all respects with optional (at a higher fee), iterations past 30 days.

Backblaze Online Backup

Edited by digitaldog

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Thanks Andrew. The pricing and other attributes look really good. I am also considering getting a 2Tb small portable hard drive for under $100. It won't have the quite the security of a professionally managed cloud backup, but will likely do the job as intended.

External (multiple drives in rotation) plus cloud all the way. Everything (anything) you can't afford to lose. Or on and offsite. The cloud via Backblaze is so easy and affordable.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

External (multiple drives in rotation) plus cloud all the way. Everything (anything) you can't afford to lose. Or on and offsite. The cloud via Backblaze is so easy and affordable.

Thanks. I currently backup locally with WD Passport plugged into my USB. Seems to do a good job working in the background. Every year or so, I retire the one operating and start a new one, just in case. I suppose in the future I could then swing back the "retired" one and rotate the two going forward. The alternative that I never tried, is to just plug in the two Passports and run duplicate backups. But I'm concerned it might drag down the systems' operating speed. Any comments?

Backblaze sounds good at $7 a month. I'll check into it. Do you still "own" your photos with them or do you give away any "rights"? Have you used Backblaze when to save photos you shot while traveling? How's that work for you?

I just thought I could program one backup Passport on alternate days from the second Passport. That should keep problems with operating speeds to a minimum as long as there's enough power in the computer's power supply for two units as Passport get their power from the USB connection.