Am I missing Something SB400 won't fire on D600

hemant_deshmukh1

<p>Hi All,</p>

<p>I have been using SB400 on my D600 for few months now. Few weeks back I had my D600 serviced for sensor spots.<br>

Today, I was trying to use SB400 on Nikon It won't fire. On Camera flash works. <br>

I tried changing batteries, there was no change. Surprisingly, When I switch the camera off Flash still is on. Usually it switches off.<br>

Please let me know if I am missing any settings or its a problem with Flash or Hotshoe.<br>

Appreciate your help , Thanks in Advance.<br>

</p>

<p>If you haven't already done so Hemant, check out the basic stuff like making sure the hotshoe and flash foot contacts are clean and free of corrosion. Make sure one of the spring-loaded pins in the flash shoe isn't stuck in its recess. Don't forget to check the "earth" contact of the flash that's recessed into the side of the hotshoe. Make sure that it hasn't been pushed in such that it can't contact the hotshoe.</p>

<p>If the camera flash trigger circuit is working, then it should fire almost <em>any</em> hotshoe flash fitted to it, provided the camera is in manual mode and the shutter speed is set at 1/200th or longer.</p>

<p>If you have a multimeter or a continuity checker you should be able to check the camera's trigger circuit without the use of a flash. To do this, set the camera to manual with a shutter speed of 1 second or longer; probe the larger hotshoe centre pad with the + red wire of the meter, and connect the black meter probe to one of the metal side runners of the hotshoe. Fire the shutter and you should get a "forward diode" reading on the meter, lasting as long as the shutter remains open. (With my digital MM continuity setting, my D800 hotshoe reads about 530). If you can't get a reading with the probes in either polarity, then I'd suspect that the camera flash trigger has gone open circuit, or hasn't been reconnected properly after the repair.</p>

• 3 weeks later...