Am I banned??

andreatau

Yes, I had made sure the FS/WTB thing was selected this time. And I thought thatthreads focusing on anything belonging rangefinder photography were tolerated, if not welcome, within the Leica forum. The fact that there are often posts on XPan and Bessa issues seems to support my idea. Well, sorry for that. I'll post somewhere else.

BTW, Bob: I trust you haven't deleted my posts, but someone certainly did. Now, I do understand your point that a XPan isn't a Leica and may not be acceptable for sale in the Leica forum (although the fact that photonet had to provide a few users with my email address just after publication of both posts may suggests that your members are interested).

However, I may point out that 6 out of the 24 posts presently displayed in the cathegorey "For sale" do not involve Leica products. Cheers.

I guess those non-Leica posts should be deleted too. I'll leave it up to Tony though. I believe that Leica compatible gear is OK, so if it uses Leica lenses, it's OK (e.g. Bessa). But a Hasselblad made camera that can't take Leica lenses probably doesn't qualify for inclusion in this forum in a "For Sale" posting.

Andrea - assuming you refer to the Voigtlander, etc, FS items, these are items which can be used with a Leica lens or body. That's not the case with an XPan.

Similarly, you'll only see Leica-compatible Nikon, Canon, etc, stuff - e39 screw mount or M mount. Lenses that will fit on a Leica body, or bodies on which a Leica lens can be mounted.

I'm not the rule guy, but it's possible this is the difference between your FS and the others.

I can see deleting a post for a Nikon F or Olympus OM or TLR, even a Rolly, but banning FS posts for Xpans & Bessas & Contaxes & XAs is taking the letter rather than the spirit of the policy.

I suspect the same demographic on this site is attracted to any of those cameras. In the end, this wonderful forum thrives when there is acceptance and tolerance of the idiosyncracies of the population.

Did you select the correct catagory from the drop down menu ?

It's not enough to just put it in the title of the thread.

IMO the XPan is a legitimate topic for posting here, as are Bessa's, RD-1's and othe Canon or

Nikon Rangefinders.

If you really want to know what happened ask Tony Rowlett our excellent forum moderator ...

<< ... If you really want to know what happened ask Tony Rowlett our excellent forum moderator ... >>

Ask ... and deprive us of all the fun we're having by speculating wildly about what happened and why?

In the meantime, I'm sure we've generated plenty of buzz for Andrea's camera.

His next post will probably read:

"Am I banned ? SOLD !"