Am I alone?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by royall_berndt, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Only one Speed Graphic?

chuck_foreman|1 and Fiddlefye like this.
  2. Yah, but it's a full kit in its box (mahogany, I think), one owner of a neighborhood studio back in those days. I even have the 'light sabre handle'.

Fiddlefye likes this.
  3. I love using b+w film over digital. Tried digi many years ago but simply didn't enjoy it. Also try and use all my film cameras from 35mm to 16x20? inch (though I have only used 11x14 in it). The next one to be used again is a Bronica ETRSi that hasn't been used for almost 10 years and I'm also going to try 35mm again.
    Last holiday I took a Mamiya tlr, 3 lenses, filters, tripod, light meter. It did get some funny looks but I enjoyed it and there are some framed prints on the wall from it. So far this year I have printed negs from 35mm, MF (6x6) and LF (4x5).

James Bryant likes this.
  4. I know it is difficult. I know it is expensive. I know it needs care and maintenance. I know it requires knowledge and study. I know it needs patience. But frankly I DON'T CARE. I like shooting film, and as much as there will be film, paper and chemicals available I will continue doing so. I don't want to always rationalize which one is better, more accurate, higher in resolution or quality: if digital or analog. I like shooting analog and I dislike shooting digital, end of the story. I don't find any fun in digital photography. Better doing what makes us happy rather what others recommend us to to or follow. I don't need to follow anyone. ;)

5. I rarely shoot digital.. and onmce the works scanned or digitzized ...well it is digital. In a previous post in this thread " ..."rather than fiddling with lenses and caressing metal and leatherette.......... but if others want to indulge themselves then I am happy for them....." I think this fits me. Indulge me :)

Bettendorf and James Bryant like this.
  6. Or, to put it another way. This forum is titled Classic Manual Cameras. Those cameras would be the subject that the forum participants desire to discuss.