Album design software for Macs

andrew_ito

Hi all! I did a quick search of photo.net and didn't find anything that really helped me so

I'll post this here. I've been researching different album design software that can be used

on the Mac and have come across Yervant's Page Gallery and also LabPrint's Flush Album

Designer. Yervant's software looks ok but it's expensive at $490. LabPrint's software

looks like it can do the job adequately and is priced right at $150. but requires you to use

the affiliated labs for the printing. I'm not familiar with any of the labs and would like to

have the option of using my own lab. Anyone have any experiences with either software

and whether or not they're worth it? Also, are there other options that I haven't stumbled

across yet? What do you guys use and why? Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the software you mentioned, but if you already have Photoshop

just do albums with that. Take a little time to create page templates that can be used

over and over again, save them and you're ready to go. I think you can get Photoshop

Elements for around $100 if you don't already have it.

I work on Photoshop nearly every day at work as a graphic designer. It's not a foreign

thing to me. My time is precious to me though with a new baby and I can't spend a whole

day figuring out an album layout, so I'm looking for an easier way to design the pages in a

drag and drop format that works quickly and easily but is somewhat customizable. Maybe

a solution for me would be to pre-design my own templates and actions. Just thought I'd

try getting some input here. Oh, well, I guess I'll continue looking...

Andrew - the best thing I've found in this (Mac) situation is to splurge for "Virtual PC". If

you get it with Windows XP your talking $220 just by itself - but then your not limited to

any software platform issues.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?

productLearnMore=T9715LL/A

Then you can run something like Fuji Studiomaster Pro on your Mac (which is a really great

album designer)

http://www.studiomasterpro.com/

• 2 weeks later...
I am using Lab Prints and love it. It used take me hours to lay out a bridal album and now it's 20 minutes. It is best for traditional matted albums. I wouldn't use for magazine style. They have preset pages for Renesaince and Zook but you could use "generic" if your into Art Leather. Then print out the layouts and give it to your couples. It's easy for them to understand also and making switches is quick if needed.