Just been informed that I bought the last case of Rodinol they have &

may be the last they can get. Seems Agfa called & told them they are

pulling out of the US marketplace. Apparently they may supply some

chemicals and/or paper/film/supplies through one of the real big

stores... a gray market specialty place or some such and my pro

stockhouse refuses to deal with gray market products or sellers &

thus we may be without Rodinol. Anyone have more info on just what

Agfa is doing in the USA?

Photogrpher's Formulary makes a formulation of Rodinal, but Mien Gott how am I gonna survive without their papers? I nearly got over the loss of Portriga Rapid, now Multicontrast will be gone. Like "Kodak Illustrator's Special" there just ain't no substitute. Digital is beginning to look a lot less forbearing.

Am I reading you correctly?!! This is a disaster. I've not heard any such rumours here in Britain. That would be a disaster. Having said that, it's a simple formulation and the chemicals (para-aminophenol, potassium hydroxide and another)are readily available from such as Rayco of Barnsley, Yorkshire.

Surely some enterprising soul could import a few thousand bottles direct from Agfa.

Keep us posted.

Are they just getting out of Chemicals, or are they going to bag their B&W films as well? I'm fond of APX 100 in sheets, but if it's not going to be around much longer, then probably time to start stocking and testing something else.

With all due respect, the rumor should have never been posted before contacting Agfa. It is impossible to know why exactly the dealer made such a statement but the reality is, it is false.

Agfa does not have any plans to withdraw from the US Market or discontinue the sale of Rodinal.

John, perhaps you could elaborate a bit on your response? In another thread someone indicated you might be connected with Agfa in some way and perhaps you could provide some sort of definitive response as to Agfa's position and what is going on with Rodinal?

Thanks much in advance.