AF330FTZ flash with K100D camera

hansraj_vyas

The following chart gives the approximate f/stop to use based on distance from subject to

camera and ISO.<br><br>

Enter your guide number in the orange box and the chart will adjust automatically. If you

enter the guide in meters, (in your case, 30) your distances will be in meters. Enter guide

in feet (94), the chart is in feet.<br><br>

You will probably want to make a few versions with 100% guide, 1/4 guide, and 1/16

guide. That way you can use lower power settings so save batteries and speed up recycle

times when possible.<br><br>

<a href="http://71.158.200.250/ff07/lunch/FlashChart.xls">FlashChart.xls</a>

Thanks, Renato and Matthew, for your prompt and clear replies. My AF330FTZ, as per its operating manual, is clip-on type,serial controlled TTL auto zoom flash. I don't know whether it has an autothyristor.Would this make any difference in the settings ? Also please let me know- whether I can use different focal lengths settings-(85-70-50-35 and 28mm )on the flash in accordance with the settings on the camera kit lens-18-55 ? Can I use the flash off the camera via extension cord F5P- an accessory provided by Pentax ? And lastly, whether using this flash may damage the camera circuit over a period of time ? Regards, Hansraj Vyas.

Oops, I was thinking a different flash when I orignally answered.<br><br>

No, your flash has no auto-thyristor. I don't know if the auto zoom will work properly or not.<br><br>

If you manually zoom, you can use your effective crop focal length for your guide number (i.e. use 70mm zoom on the flash with a 50mm lens.<br><br>

See <a href="http://66.49.230.119/flashes_meters/pentax_af330ftz.pdf" target ="new"> page 16</a>.

I don't have one to test, but any Pentax TTL flash should be new enough not to worry about.

If you REALLY want to be sure, you would need to check it with a meter. I don't know where

you live, but we have a few stores around here that sell cheep chineese tools where you can

aquire a digital volt meter for about $4.00.

Perhaps you can contact Pentax directly - hopefully they don't give the generic 'not

compatible' statement as it is not a 360 or 540 unit.