AF Fine Tuning D500

johne37179

<p>I have been unable to get the AF Fine Tuning to work. I have tried with several lenses -- the 18-105 AF-S 3.5-5.6 and the 70-300 AF-S 4.5-5.6 G. I believe I followed the procedure correctly, but get a error message that AF Fine Tuning failed. Anyone else have similar experiences? How did you remedy it, if you were able to?<br>

Thanks, John</p>

<p>Make sure your AF point is centered (by pressing the multi-way controller, for example) in both live view and the optical viewfinder. Pick a location where you have plenty of natural daylight and where the background is homogeneous and reasonably dark (or far away). Select single point AF.</p>

<p>I recall having the error in circumstances where there is not enough light to get a proper reading. I may come up with other reasons for this but this was what I encountered.</p>

<p>You might consider buying a copy of FoCal. Besides doing a good job of setting AF fine tune quite accurately, it can also give you some good info on your lens/camera combo's performance like aperture sharpness profile, astig, etc. </p>