AF-C on Nikon D810????

leon_pugh

<p>Today I was out trying my D810 at a bird sanctuary. I could not get the camera into AF-C mode.<br>

I do it all the time with the D4, press the AF mode button near the base of the lens and spin the main command dial (the thumb-wheel).<br>

On the D810 doing this has absolutely no effect (AF-S remains the method displayed on the LCD) and spinning the sub-command dial in front of the shutter release button cycles through S, GRP and AUTO, none of which are AF-C.<br>

When I got home I checked page 87,88, 89, 306 and 307. It seems I am using the right technique, but nothing is happening.<br>

AF-S sucks for birds in flight.<br>

HELP!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm asking this simple question here so as not to start a new thread. I read on a review on B&H that Lightroom or Photo Shop don't support the D810 without converting the files. I don't know what the guy was talking about, but he was knocking Nikon for it, like they were wanting you to use their software for optimum processing.</p>

<p>Well, DxO doesn't support the D810 <strong><em>yet</em></strong>..............but it's only been available for about 10 days!</p>

<p>It usually takes a couple of weeks to make all the correction modules once they've got their hands on a production model, not some prototype.</p>

<p>Limit it to own-brand software...? Not even Nikon would be <strong><em>that</em></strong> stupid....:-)</p>

• 4 years later...
<p>Today I was out trying my D810 at a bird sanctuary. I could not get the camera into AF-C mode.<br>

I do it all the time with the D4, press the AF mode button near the base of the lens and spin the main command dial (the thumb-wheel).<br>

On the D810 doing this has absolutely no effect (AF-S remains the method displayed on the LCD) and spinning the sub-command dial in front of the shutter release button cycles through S, GRP and AUTO, none of which are AF-C.<br>

When I got home I checked page 87,88, 89, 306 and 307. It seems I am using the right technique, but nothing is happening.<br>

AF-S sucks for birds in flight.<br>

HELP!</p>

<p> </p>

Daft as sounds but I had exactly same problem. I solved it by taking off and then putting back on the lens. I seem to recall having a silimar issue with my D80. I had just changed the lens so maybe I had not correctly engaged the lens. Very frustrating.