Adox: the truth!

Unless I missed it, that page seems to leave out the most essential truth.

Does Efke make Canadian branded "Adox"? Why is Bluefire Police film being sold as "Adox"? I don't think it's one of the original Adox emulsions, but microfilm designed for use with a compensating developer, like HW Control film and Gigabitfilm. If anything, the site seems to confirm the fact that Efke is using the original formulas, while various other companies are contending for the trade name, and perhaps ultimately the right to rebadge Efke films as "Adox."

What I get is that the Canadian firm is Manufacturing the Bluefire

line of product (in Canada) with the "ADOX" logo that they own.

That the Adox films of old (KB 14- KB 17) are being manufacture

and sold under the EFKE logo. One has the name and the other has the formulas.

• 3 weeks later...

Mythos abounds, but here's the truth. EFKE (longhand for the initials FK for FotoKemika) makes a film called KB25. This is the inheritance of what was ADOX. It is a true 25 speed emulsion and is available in almost any format including 127 for you baby rollei fans. It has a spectral sensitivity that tops out at 620nm, meaning it can be developed by inspection under a Kodak Red#2 safelight. It responds well to Rodinal at various dilutions, as well as Ethol UFG stock, and Microdol-X 1+3. The most important truth is that it's very fine grained and very cheap to buy. [frugalphotographer.com] carries it.

Buy lots! It's made in Croatia and we need to keep them in business so we're not left in the lurch like Eastman (Panatomic-X) and Agfa (APX-25) have left us.