Adobe CC New Update

<p>Edward: That is grand news indeed. After many years of editing digital stills, I can to Premiere Pro and said ... what? What the hell is this? I was sure I was missing something fundamental, and realized what it was: there's a LOT of inertia in How Video Work Is Done. The video color grading process seems at once wildly complex and at the same time about a decade behind the tools used for stills. Obviously there are performance issues: if it takes a few seconds for a powerful computer to do some work on a single image, imagine what's involved as it chews on thousands of frames in a video stream. So, very glad to see Adobe headed this direction. Can't wait to play with it - I'm starting a big project tomorrow, with all sorts of mixed light/time-of-day, multiple cameras, and who knows what other land mines. Every little bit helps.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I felt quite an improvement in raw image quality and tones </p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

I haven't seen any change and I have been working continuously (except for food and sleep) for the last two days. And checking Adobe's list of updates, there is nothing that would indicate an improvement in this area. The only change that would appear to affect what one sees on the screen is a fix to a bug with the blues with displays that can display a wider gamut than Adobe RGB, probably a tiny segment of the displays in use.</p>

<p>One feature found in Lightroom but not in Photoshop CC2015 is a means of changing the tone for all prints, not just one at a time. I calibrate my monitor and printer (Xerox 6360 Laserjet) but all prints come out about 1 stop too dark. It's a one-time fix in Lightroom without affecting the image or its display. I use Levels in Photoshop to do about the same thing, but for each image individually. I could save that image with the changes in place, but every other use would be affected.</p>

<p>It's going to take a long time to explore all the changes in CC2015 programs. Photoshop profers a "haze eliminator" filter. That could be interesting. Even the older versions had hundreds of features I've never touched.</p>

<p>I've just done some tests with the updated Lumetri Color tool in Premiere Pro. Now THAT is what I've been waiting for in Premiere. Hard to believe that something as simple as a familiar one-slider color temp adjust has been missing from that otherwise serious package until now. Other settings in that one effect tool tackle, in one quick pass, a lot of what some clips need. If that's the ONLY thing that's been improved in PP, it's a win as far as I'm concerned.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>One feature found in Lightroom but not in Photoshop CC2015 is a means of changing the tone for all prints, not just one at a time. I calibrate my monitor and printer (Xerox 6360 Laserjet) but all prints come out about 1 stop too dark.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Fix the calibration! Or raise the print viewing conditions, or find a better profile....<br>

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Best news is that the fixed the spot healing tool. There is no longer a delay. I've been using it on a 7 Gig image and its almost as instant as the clone tool.</p>

<p>Now if they could only change the color/gradation of the spot that is being chosen. It's quite dark and creates a strobe effect when spotting a large number of spots, which can make it harder to see whether you've got it or not...</p>