Admin...Why can't you fix this?

frigo

Not getting email alerts on photo comments(others & mine) but getting emails for forums,publicity etc as per my account settings.This has been the case since Dec '17 and raised on different threads .Any chance somebody will look at this/fix.Thank you

We now have to comply with General Data Protection Regulations from the EU. A lot of things have to start happening for the web this month pretty much for all online companies, yikes! Everyone has to properly accept that an email is allowed to be sent from us to you. Email is handled by a 3rd party, we're getting our 'send/please don't send' process for our various messages approved. "new comment" "weekly newsletter" and so on...

Tech support...Thank you for the reply and I appreciate that you have to comply with Regulations.Just curious though that only email alerts for photo comments were affected and not those for Forums and other site activities.Will follow with interest what comes out of this.Regards-Laurent

• 2 months later...
Since May 25th,I am asked on my opening page to confirm my request for email alerts as pointed out by tech support above and I am getting all the alerts (forums,publicity etc)except the ones I really want on the comments made on my photos and the follow up on those comments I made on other members photos.I first raised this issue when I stopped getting these alerts back on Dec 17th 2017 and I am still waiting.Any chance this may be fixed soon?
  • Like 1

i can look into this again as mentioned earlier - due to GDRP we had to dial back our outgoing emails but we've covered those requirements to date. I realize this isn't exactly what you are after in email notification when a comment has been made on your photo - yet....BUT when you log in you should see this if there has been comments on your photos.582888334_ScreenShot2018-07-11at10_29_27PM.thumb.png.fb1015ad38fe880ebfd5293c04e879f9.png

Admin...Thank you for the response.As you point out,I have been tracking the comments on my photos using the Recent Activity slot of my Portfolio and it works.For the tracking of the follow up to my comments on other members' photos,by opening up the ''my Network'' of the Activity timeline,I will see all of the the traffic on all my users photos and have to search the lot for the ones I commented;as for comments on other members (not my users) photos,the way to see any follow-up is to search the critique photos lineup to locate the shot commented.With respect to the GDPR ruling,I see that you have resolved the the forum portion email alerts which works;I have disactivated the promotion section of email alerts on my Account page but it has not yet kicked in as I am generously supplied with Creative Art stuff,nothing else.Hope this helps in your efforts to resolve this.

Admin...Thank you for the response.As you point out,I have been tracking the comments on my photos using the Recent Activity slot of my Portfolio and it works.For the tracking of the follow up to my comments on other members' photos,by opening up the ''my Network'' of the Activity timeline,I will see all of the the traffic on all my users photos and have to search the lot for the ones I commented;as for comments on other members (not my users) photos,the way to see any follow-up is to search the critique photos lineup to locate the shot commented.With respect to the GDPR ruling,I see that you have resolved the the forum portion email alerts which works;I have disactivated the promotion section of email alerts on my Account page but it has not yet kicked in as I am generously supplied with Creative Art stuff,nothing else.Hope this helps in your efforts to resolve this.

You've opted out of receiving promotional emails and still receive newsletters? You said "creative art" is that from photo.net then? attached is the settings I'm mentioning, thanks

screenshot4.thumb.png.75c092bd011475ef38aae710771d3e6b.png

Tech support...Thank you for the quick reply.In my note,I mistakenly wrote ''creative art'' and I should have written ''creative live''.On my account page,I have elected to receive email alerts for comments on my photos/comments on others photos which I assume are photos on which I have commented/updates on featured activity and /newsletters.I have just opted out a few days ago of promotions email alerts and I also assumed the CreativeLive stuff was through this promotion channel.My request from the onstart was for the return of alerts on comments on photos ;the promotion stuff,I can live with as it I just delete it.Again,thank you for looking at this...and hope you can resolve.

• 1 month later...
What's up?It has been one month since we last exchanged on this matter of email alerts on photos.My opening page reminds me about the GDPR law and asks me to confirm and continue.Getting alerts for comments in FORUMS but nothing yet on PHOTOS....any hope here.As you suggested,I can follow traffic on my photos by going to Latest Activities but only way to follow my comments/responses on others' photos is by searching in the Critique/Trending lineup and this is a pain!

• 2 weeks later...
What's up?It has been one month since we last exchanged on this matter of email alerts on photos.My opening page reminds me about the GDPR law and asks me to confirm and continue.Getting alerts for comments in FORUMS but nothing yet on PHOTOS....any hope here.As you suggested,I can follow traffic on my photos by going to Latest Activities but only way to follow my comments/responses on others' photos is by searching in the Critique/Trending lineup and this is a pain!

Frigo, let's debug this one - by - one, it's the only way, what is your current settings in /my/settings ??

This below would mean, you should receive alerts about any new comments on your own photos, it ALSO means you should receive alerts about new comments on other people's photos you have commented on. That's how you want to be alerted? I'll be around this week to do testing with your account if you're ready, thanks

screenshot1.png.8c7cfeb262de07e0e7eafb85f5051a70.png

Techsupport... thank you:this is the setting I have on my account and I am not receiving alerts.

OK, I'm going to start commenting on your photos, I'll also provide an example photo for you and I both to comment on. If you have the settings above you should get email alerts on all the comments that you and I do.

Ok...I am waiting for you to get this rolling!

I've commented on the following photos:

"Tech Support Email Notification Test: 9/4/2018, Laurent, did you receive a notification about me commenting this message here? Please comment a response thanks."

Your own photo. you should receive an email because it's your own photo and you should be notified about any comments, as you confirmed with your /my/account settings.

Chevy,Mopar,Ford...reunion! | Photo.net

Another user's photo, you should receive a notification because you've said "notify me" about new comments on "other people's photos I've commented on as well"

Fighting horses | Photo.net

Let me know results, perhaps Glenn can also check the mandrill logs as well. Else wonder if it's a spam setting with your email?

Laurent, did you receive a notification about me commenting this message here?

Yes,I received an email notification about your comment here..

Your own photo.

No email notification concerning your comment on my photo; I did see your comment when I checked my ''Latest Activity'' page.

Another user's photo,

No email notification for this.

Basically,this remains as I noted to you earlier

Alright, so right now, I basically have 2 emails sent this evening saying "hey I didn't get an email", which is crazy to debug.

Tech support...EXACTLY!...I received an email alert/notification that you had followed up my request in the Site Help Forum confirming that the alert setting on my account page works for the FORUM and that whatever SPAM filter of my email box is not blocking incoming stuff from PN.As for the alerts on my photo activities,they do not work and I could only get to your comments made on my photo/other's photo I had commented as explained above.I have raised this matter since Dec 2017 when the alerts ceased and several times since but to my recollection,I have not seen any comments from other members even if my threads had been viewed numerous times.Could it be I am the only one suffering from this breach?Another setting of my Account page which is not working is the Opening Page which I set as ''Lataest Activity''...but I keep getting that GDPR law stuff which I have to agree to and that is often as I use this site intensively....can anything be done to correct this while you are at it.Thanks

wait...

but I keep getting that GDPR law stuff which I have to agree to and that is often as I use this site intensively

You're only supposed to see that once, ONLY once per user, it's a one time only dialog for legal purposes, how many times do you see it? that could be a clue here.

The only thing I can do next is log directly into our 3rd party email service to trace how the emails might be blocked for you.... perhaps you "unsubscribed??" the 3rd party email provider has it's own unsubscribe process on its own, that's something else to think of.

You're only supposed to see that once, ONLY once per user, it's a one time only dialog for legal purposes, how many times do you see it? that could be a clue here.

Following your comment,I went back and checked on this and found that when I put my PN page on my Favorite Bar line,I was on the GPR approval page;I have fixed this and re-favorited my PN account on my Profile Page and it is working.My fault-sorry I got you on this!

The only thing I can do next is log directly into our 3rd party email service to trace how the emails might be blocked for you.... perhaps you "unsubscribed??

I have gone back to my account page and it shows I have subscribed to emails and clicked comments on my photos & comments on other photos.My account page also shows''rstore your subscription'' in an orange block as raised in another thread and being looked at by Glenn....is that a lead?Thank you.

I'm thinking you've been unsubscribed from our emailing service

But I am getting emails from PN as per my accounts settings save for the two clicked alert requests on photos.If this is any help,I first raised this in a thread titled ''Not getting email alerts'' exactly 8 months ago on Jan 7,2018.To help resolve the problem,others offered an exchange of comments to see if alerts worked for them and it turned out negative.As I querried earlier in this thread,are other members with the same account settings getting these alerts?

I have gone back to my account page and it shows I have subscribed to emails and clicked comments on my photos & comments on other photos.My account page also shows''rstore your subscription'' in an orange block as raised in another thread and being looked at by Glenn....is that a lead?Thank you.

OK, here's what's going on, forum updates, go through, all the photo comments notices get rejected. I have to click around in there to dig up more info.

screenshot1.thumb.png.3018c652e275d6aa3d21974a35d125d6.png