Adding Electronic "Databus" contacts to Hasselblad CFi or CF lenses

carlos_prado2

<p>Hello</p>

<p>I was made aware of the fact that Hasselblad used to add, on request, electronic "databus" contacts to CFi and maybe CF lenses.</p>

<p>Is this still possible?</p>

<p>If not by Hasselblad, maybe someone else is doing the work.</p>

<p>If not, has anyone tried to purchase a "donor" lens with contacts and use it to supply the raw parts for another lens you want to add contacts to?</p>

<p>I could really use help figuring this out. I would love to add the electronic "databus" contacts to a Hasselblad 100mm CFi lens, among other lenses.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hasselblad used to add the data bus to CFi lenses that was upgraded to CFe. I'm nota aware of the possibility to upgrade (by Hasselblad) lenses that was never released in the CFe "flavour" (and is the case of the 100mm). I by myself ever asked if this is possible (by a competent tecnician), using spare parts (I suppose Hasselblad suplly new spare parts for CFe lenses) of the "nearest" or "similar" lens (in therms of focal leght and diaphragm scale). So imagine to use the data bus of a 40mm to obtain a 50mm CFe. Someone knows if this is possible?</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Hasselblad used to add the data bus to CFi lenses that was upgraded to CFe. I'm nota aware of the possibility to upgrade (by Hasselblad) lenses that was never released in the CFe "flavour" (and is the case of the 100mm).

Not sure if it's against forum policy to revive old threads, rather than creating a new one. If so, I apologise, but I am interested in the above reply. If I understand it correctly, this modification was only made on CFi lenses which already existed in the CFE version. So, for example, it would be possible to "upgrade" a Sonnar f/4 180mm CFi to CFe, since it also existed in the CFE version, but not an F-Distagon f/3.5 30mm CFi, because no CFE version was made of that lens. Is this correct?

Curiously, I have just seen an eBay listing for a Makro-Planar f/4 120 mm CFE which has been "downgraded" to CFi by removing the electronics. I don't know why this was done.

Best regards,

Peter