Adding Borders in a Post Photo Shop World?

<p>There are quite a few tutorials on the internet but these appear to be based on using Photoshop. I hesitate to suggest it but Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 has a border creating filter that does it in a single click. (That is after parameters like size and color have been set. After this you can just apply it over and over and over until you decide to change something which in itself is easy to do.) But its around a hundred bucks extra spend for this suite which is equivalent to Photoshop Elements. Still a lot cheaper than full Photoshop though. Call me lazy but I have little interest in going thru the several steps needed when applying layers if I can possibly avoid it, so the many easy to use functions / shortcuts of the Corel product are sweeeeet to me.</p>

<p>George,</p>

<p>Look at <a href="http://www.imagemagick.org/www/mogrify.html">ImageMagick</a> mogrify, I was recently pointed to it on these forums as part of a LR plugin for borders. If you know how to use command-line tools on your computer, then you can likely create a batch/command/script file to create borders without Photoshop. Look at the "annotate" and "border" commands.</p>

<p>HTH,<br /> Shash</p>