adding a picture to a post in a forum

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by polka, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Why when adding a picture to a post :
    sometimes it is shown right beneath the text
    but
    sometimes there is a huge blank space between the text and the picture
    How to do, so that it is for sure shown right under the text ? Or does it show this way only because of my browser ?
    Paul

2. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator

Can you give links to some pages that show what you are talking about? It will make it much easier to explain if there is some visual evidence.
    There are two ways to put photos on posts here and that may explain some of it. One is to upload a photo using the capability provided at the end of posting. The other is to use an image URL in the body of the post. They can produce different appearances.

3. http://www.photo.net/alternative-cameras-forum/00X2An
    This is a link to a thread were I posted twice, each time adding a picture by the same recommanded method "after confirmation of the text". Looking at the thread, I see my first picture right under the text of the first post and the second very far away from the text of the second post : am I the only one seeing this difference, maybe due to my browser (µSIE 6.0), or are you also seeing it that way ?
    If so, thank you for telling me what I should do to get the pictures always right under the text.
    Paul
    P.S. there are other pages from other posters that show sometimes the same thing. I will look for further examples...

4. http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00Wspo
    In this other thread most pictures are right under the text, except in the following posts :
    Stuart Gross , Jul 18, 2010; 12:51 a.m.
    Roger Beverage , Jul 18, 2010; 11:07 a.m.
    The Rollei Collection
    Robert Marvin , Jul 18, 2010; 11:40 a.m.
    I've been using the same model Rollei since...
    Tom Scott , Jul 18, 2010; 08:07 p.m.
    And an old Pic.
    where I see them far away.
    Paul