adding a picture to a post in a forum

polka

<p>Why when adding a picture to a post :</p>

<p>sometimes it is shown right beneath the text<br>

but<br>

sometimes there is a huge blank space between the text and the picture</p>

<p>How to do, so that it is for sure shown right under the text ? Or does it show this way only because of my browser ?</p>

<p>Paul</p>

<p>Can you give links to some pages that show what you are talking about? It will make it much easier to explain if there is some visual evidence.</p>

<p>There are two ways to put photos on posts here and that may explain some of it. One is to upload a photo using the capability provided at the end of posting. The other is to use an image URL in the body of the post. They can produce different appearances.</p>

<p><a href="../alternative-cameras-forum/00X2An">http://www.photo.net/alternative-cameras-forum/00X2An</a></p>

<p>This is a link to a thread were I posted twice, each time adding a picture by the same recommanded method "after confirmation of the text". Looking at the thread, I see my first picture right under the text of the first post and the second very far away from the text of the second post : am I the only one seeing this difference, maybe due to my browser (µSIE 6.0), or are you also seeing it that way ?</p>

<p>If so, thank you for telling me what I should do to get the pictures always right under the text.</p>

<p>Paul</p>

<p>P.S. there are other pages from other posters that show sometimes the same thing. I will look for further examples...</p>

<p><a href="../classic-cameras-forum/00Wspo">http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00Wspo</a></p>

<p>In this other thread most pictures are right under the text, except in the following posts :</p>

<p><strong>Stuart Gross </strong>, Jul 18, 2010; 12:51 a.m.<br />1</p>

<p><strong>Roger Beverage </strong>, Jul 18, 2010; 11:07 a.m.<br />The Rollei Collection</p>

<p><strong>Robert Marvin </strong>, Jul 18, 2010; 11:40 a.m.<br />I've been using the same model Rollei since...</p>

<p><strong>Tom Scott </strong>, Jul 18, 2010; 08:07 p.m.<br />And an old Pic.</p>

<p>where I see them far away.</p>

<p>Paul</p>