ADBLOCK...blocking use of No Words forum

frigo

The large AdBlock plaster which pops up when opening my PN blocks my access to using the No Words forum as it ''permannently'' covers the upload window.Is this serious enough to get somebody from admin/Glen&co to remove this and let me use the one feature of this site which WORKED for me....up to now?
  • Like 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Adblock plus and I don't have the pop up....

I have that too - and I did just get the pop-up. White-listed the site - pop-up persisted nonetheless. Turned out there was a second browser extension filtering banners - disabled that one and the pop-up is now gone. Still no ads though :D (which is a good thing as I don't click on any of them anyway).

Dieter, can you give a little more info about second browser extension?

Apparently it was Kaspersky Protection blocking banner ads. The pop-up disappeared after I disabled the protection for the pn website.

Need to add that this was on firefox. On Chrome, it sufficed to whitelist pn for ad block plus to make the pop-up disappear.

Because advertising is very important to the funding of our site and directly related to our ability to pay for important things like top tier programmers and faster servers,
vistors using adblocking software will see site functionality restricted.

Once
has been whitelisted (adblocking software disabled when on
), site functionality that was previously restricted will be restored.

This is from p.net newsletter which arrived today. Go figure. Top tier programmers?

• Like 1