Adaptor for FD lenses on EOS

ds_meador

<p>I know other threads have addressed the question of adaptors and usually there is a reduction of IQ sometimes a loss of other functions. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this adaptor? If so, what results have you gotten from it?<br>

<a href="http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16794&cat=0&page=1">http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16794&cat=0&page=1</a><br>

DS Meador</p>

<p>I assume it's the same as all the others. They are all simple 2 element designs and for $50 or less you're not going to get anything spectacular. The rare and limited use (basically telephoto only) official Canon FD to EOS adapter sells for closer to $1000 used.</p>

<p>I also do not believe the magnification ratio is 1:1 like it says in the ad. I'd bet it's the usual 1.2 or 1.3 to 1 since all these FD to EOS adapter designs are actually weak teleconverters.</p>

<p>I'd regard all FD to EOS adapters as a gamble, usable more for experimentation than serious photography. They're cheap so you don't lose much when you put them in the cupboard and eventually forget about them.</p>

<p>I couldn't see on a quick glance at the site if the optics were removable or not.<br>

The price is high, maybe the quality is higher too, but if I were going to get one (and no sign of that so far, I have a couple of FD camera bodies instead), I'd only get ones on which you could take out the optics and use the lenses for macro/close focus work. T90 Canons -- IMHO one of the finest cameras ever made -- are often sold on eBay for under $150, sometimes much less, sometimes much more.</p>

<p>FD lenses are not so cheap as they formerly were, so the advantage of trying to adapt to a EOS body is not all that clear nowadays.</p>