Adapter for Sony NEX A6000 to use Canon EF and APS-C Lenses

<p>I'm just getting started with a new Sony A6000 camera body. I bought the Sony 35mm 1.8 fixed lens and the Sony 55-210mm zoom. I have a slew of Canon autofocus lenses both EF and EF-S. I'm thinking about getting a Canon to Sony adapter to use some of these lenses on the A6000. In particular I'd like it if I could use the little 10-22mm APS-C lens. Can someone give me your opinions on what adapters are good and some of the pros and cons of using non sony lenses on the A6000 with the adapter(s). I also have one Leica lens left over from the two systems I used for many years, the Leica 135mm 2.8 Elmarit R. Is that a decent candidate to adapt to the A6000? Or should I just stick to the Sony Lenses so I get auto everything? Couple of lenses I've looked at are the 18-105mm 4.0, the 19mm 2.8 Sigma and/or the Sony 10-18mm, or even the Sony 16-50mm zoom lens. I figured I would just use the 35mm 1.8 lens for a while to get familiar with the camera and then if I liked it well enough add a few more lenses slowly and judiciously. Thanks for any help and wisdom.</p>

<p>Is this what you are after? you might need to buy another but this is NEX to EOS ...<br /> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Sony+NEX+to+EOS<br>

I have M42 adaptor tubes but they rarely get used for the convenience of auto working .... once I got used to auto it is an effort to go manual ... easier to fool the auto to get what I want in most cases ... sounds like you have a lot of paper weights :-)</p>

<p>I have a Fotodiox adapter to use my Canon lenses on the A6000 and A7 series Sony cameras. The adapter was a little over $100 directly from Fotodiox USA. While autofocus mostly works it is VERY slow. The Sonys have a wonderful system of focus peaking and magnification in the viewfinder that makes manual focus simple, easy and fast. Not as fast as Canon autofocus. But focus is very accurate every shot. The Canon lenses with IS work with the adapter. If you can live with slow autofocus or manual focus the Canon lenses work very well.<br>

The 19mm Sigma is very good, as is the Sony 10-18. Also the Sony 50 1.8 and Rokinon 12 2.0. Much more expensive but an excellent lens is the Zeiss 24mm 1.8.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I have a Nex 6 and 7 and use Sigma primes on them 19, 30 and 60. I have a cheap adapter (£30 from SRB in England) for 4 pre-AI lenses I also use.<br>

There is no automation of course, but focus peaking takes care of that in most circumstances and I haven't yet found any serious problems.</p>