Adapter for Canon AF EF Vivitar ( and Panasonic Lumix GX80 camera)

I understand you need a mount adapter if your camera brand and lens brand are different. In my case I have

a Panasonic Lumix GX80 and looking to buy a Canon AF EF Vivitar 90mm lens.

If I get this adaptor, will it work fine?

Adaptor EOS-M4 / 3 for Canon EOS EF mount Lens to Olympus micro 4/3 adapter ring

EOS-M4/3 pour Canon EOS EF mount Lens à Olympus micro 4/3 anneau adaptateur | eBay

If I get this adaptor, will it work fine?

"Fine" is a relative term... - You'll adapt a lens without aperture ring(!) mechanically to a camera so you can focus the lens manually to infinity and as close as it can be focused. If you love test shots of brick walls, you might notice that the lens is not exactly 100% centered parallel to your sensor due to machining flaws and four mount pieces being less tight than two, but such is usually no obstacle for real world photography. If you are unlucky the lens doesn't have a hard infinity stop on that adapter.

Serious issues to consider:

• I would like (or "insist") to be able to set my aperture with a 90mm lens & IDK how you can work around with EF glass, ebay.fr suggests an alternative dumb adapter with integrated aperture iris. While such a thing is an optically messy approach, it might cut your cake a tad better. - Check this for more text / description of the issue.
  • Many 90mm macro lenses seem very hard to manually focus. Example: An old Summicron takes 180° of focus ring spin to go from infinity to 1m. it would be nice to handle if the ring was less sticky. A Tamron Adapt All Macro focuses to 55cm with the same 180° spin but only goes to 1:2 magnification. IMHO it already demands pretty precise micro-movements to shoot it at common distances. Pentax (manual) 100mm f2.8 1:1 Macro was even worse and seemed unshootable / not worth getting to me. The Leica R Macro Elmarit was a dream. In general I noticed that AF lenses are very rarely ever built for manual focusing comfort. - IDK the Vivitar you are talking about though.

My personal take on the issue: To shoot flowers handheld with natural light, I would prefer a proprietary lens on a decent AF body with IS somewhere in the combo. To shoot portraits handheld and candid, I'd grab something similar, maybe shopping even harder for the best AF I can get.

If you have reasons to go MFT, like small subjects in the studio and running out of DOF on FF or APS sensors, I fear that aperture blades in your adapter won't get you far, since diffraction might kick in earlier or harder.

The only case when your mentioned combo or the twice as expensive adapter with aperture makes sense is if you simply want a 180mm FOV in broadest imaginable daylight or on your tripod and are unwilling to lug a 180mm lens around.

Since dumb adapters are dirt cheap like the one you linked, I'd maybe sell the EF lens and get something manual with aperture ring instead.

Having an EOS, I'd shoot your lens on it, back off and crop.

Sorry, I have no personal MFT experience. - I stocked up with thread to K- & M-mount adapters and also have K, M, LTM to X mount body. The ones I really use are LTM to M. For M42 lenses with automatic aperture (the stopping down for exposure with an SLR) I prefer M42 bodies over K-mount ones, that don't handle it.

Adapted glass on Fuji X-E1 works (if at all!) only in broad daylight for me, due to the sluggish EVF refresh rate. I bought a K mount on EOS adapter for an ability to maybe take a shot with a zone focused heritage wide, before I buy something modern, but why should what didn't shine on an APS rock on FF?

Adapted glass can take pictures. If you are lucky the world doesn't change too much until you get it ready. I might go Sony someday but will prepare to bleed for smart &/ sophisticated adapters coupling everything or even providing AF for manual lenses.