Activate Upgrade CS4

<p>Does anyone know how to activate a CS4 upgrade? I used a valid serial number on CS4 and it took it just fine. I then hit "NEXT"<br>

and put a valid serial number in for CS3 ..... IT said invalid serial number... The serial number for CS3 is right off the e-mail from Adobe<br>

stating this is the serial number foe CS3. Does anyone know where I am going wrong?<br>

JF</p>

<p>Colin's point is worth looking into. Assuming it's not the problem, I can tell you from numerous experiences with numerous products that Adobe's upgrade process can be renamed the Adobe upgrade prevention process. For most upgrades, I have ended up on the phone with Adobe technical support being led through a convoluted process that used some long and secret number to get the upgrade to install, along with faxes and forms submissions. Of course, whenever I moved to a new computer, the entire process had to be repeated because nothing sticks in Adobe's system, so you want to write everything down and store it safely somewhere.</p>

<p>So my recommendation is that as long as you are trying to install the correct upgrade, you should call Adobe technical support.</p>

<p>At this point it is permissible, under certain circumstances, to upgrade from an extended version of Photoshop to a standard version (if that is indeed the problem), but it MUST be done while on the phone with an Adobe agent.</p>

<p>Heed the above warning, however, the process can be quite painful and convoluted even if the extended / standard problem is not at the root of your difficulty.</p>