"acquisition module interface" error in NikonScan 3.1

<p>I have a Nikon LS-2000 scanner, running NikonScan 3.1. My system is XP Professional. Have had no problems until just recently, keep getting this "acquisition module interface" error message, whether acquiring an image via NikonScan in Photoshop or Irfanview. When I run Nikon 3.1 standalone, I don't get that error, it simply won't run and I get a msg to send a report to Microsoft.</p>

<p>However when running the current version of Vuescan I can import a file from a negative strip in the scanner just fine, so my problem must not be the scanner itself, right?</p>

<p>I tried re-installing NikonScan 3.1, but to no avail. I did a pretty thorough search here on the forum but found just 3 hits, with no mention of Nikon software, just one on Epson.</p>

<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!</p>

www.paulwhitingphotography.com

<p>Let me correct this sentence slightly: "When I run Nikon 3.1 standalone, I don't get that error, it simply won't run and I get a msg to send a report to Microsoft."</p>

<p>The standalone does run, but it only shows one frame number in the strip film window instead of all 6, and then I get the Windows error saying there's a problem in NikonScan and do I want to send an error report to Microsoft. After I click "send", the standalone shuts down and my strip of film remains in the scanner. I have to pull the film adapter out of the scanner, slide it back in, and then the film ejects.</p>

<p>Problem solved! Perhaps I posted too soon, but otoh if someone else gets that error message they'll find a solution.</p>

<p>I was correct to uninstall NikonScan, but I didn't do it correctly. When I read the manual (new concept in problem solving) I learned I was supposed to not only uninstall the program, but also the relevant Application Data in Windows. Then you run Regsweeper. exe to remove NikonScan remnants in the registry. That utility is included with the NikonScan software. Then you do the fresh install and voilà!</p>