ACDsee sequencing question

t._duane_jones

I have a question about fine tuning the sequence of images in ACDsee,

or PSCS if possible. Here's an example of what I'm trying to

accomplish: I have a folder of wedding images, but I need to move 15

files from the ceremony that are out of sequence to where they should

be. How do I do that? I appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks,

Duane

Do you want to renumber the files according to your new preference? Assuming yes:

Click and drag the files until they are in the order you want. If it prompts about overwriting a current custom arrangement, say yes.

Then, highlight all files, and hit f2 (shortcut to batch rename). This will bring up batch rename dialogue. Assuming your files start with suffix "01", enter that number in the starting number box (default is "0"). Review the before and after display at the bottom. If ok, hit enter.

You can move multiple files. Highlight all the canditates, single click somewhere in them, and drag to where you want to insert.

Note, if it get's balled up, or you just change your mind, just click on the Sort icon near top of page and change sort order from "custom" back to "by name".

Until you do the batch rename, NOTHING is actually being done, it's just the display.

Another example, if you're file names were out of sync with their time/date sequence, you could tell acdsee to display sorted by date. Then f2 and rename, to remedy.