Question for ACDsee owners how can I save a picture after editing it without renaming it ? This is driving me crazy. Lets say I edit a picture and save it as Joe101. Then I go back an edit it again and when I'm finished I want to save the picture as Joe101 again right over the old version. ACDsee forces me to change the name to maybe Joe102 or maybe Joe103 this is silly. Is there a way to write over the old version using the same number ?

I don't use ACDsee but in other similar programs I would 'save as' and use the same name. Otherwise I would go along with renaming it and subsequently go to the folder where the files are stored and delete the unwanted edit and rename the latest one.

• 5 weeks later...
Save-As doesn't work , you have to keep renaming and renaming the file "Nanny software" run amock.

I just tried Save As in Standard 2019, to save by replacing the image file. It popped up a dialog "Confirm Save As". I clicked on Yes. It then popped up a dialog complaining that the selected output file was the same as the source. It did not give me the option of replacing the file.

Aside: I am running a trial, mostly of Manage. So far, I find the UI somewhat puzzling. For instance, I cannot find (even in the user guide) how to prevent ACDSee from importing files I add to its working directory. The program seems weak on user friendliness, e.g. at installation, without asking, it makes itself the default viewer for image files, e.g. jpg, tif.