A Zenobia in the Smokies

Awesome! My grandfather was born in Cades Cove in the late 1800's. I only had the pleasure of visiting there one time, but the park is gorgeous, and I can't wait until I have the opportunity to go back some time. I think "Near Clingman's Dome" is my favorite because of the way the tree limb is used to frame the photo.

Wonderful work Steve! You have a gentle eye. What film and developer did you use? The tonal range is striking and complements the composition, which deserve all the compliments you got. Fine work!

BTW about the crappy waterfall shot, you meant, of course, that the water was full of crappies-- the fish-- which are known in various parts of the country by different names. Here in MA we call them Calico bass. I've caught loads of them, but they have been trouble for both my wife and I who needed to go to the hospital to remove the triangular barbed verterbrae. Yet we still eat them and they are loads of fun to catch.

Thanks all for the kind words, I've noticed more and more lately that the classic cameras forum is just about all I look at on Photo.net anymore. So many cameras to discover you never know what is going to pop up next.<p>Joseph..... your grandfather was born in Cades Cove! Thats incredible, I hope you get to go for a nice long visit sometime soon. I've been lucky enough to travel to a few places and Cades Cove is in my top two places on the planet.<p>Lester..... It is 100 speed Fuji Acros in HC110 dilution-B. I'm really starting to like this film the more I use it, I can't wait to try it in 4x5. Crappies... yeah I know that fish reasonably well, don't think you'll find to many in that stream though but it does hold some beautiful trout if you're interested.