A stunning photo by Yves Adams

<p>I guess the advice practice, practice, practice is a good advice for an action shooter as well as a nature photographer. You have to have it in your bones what to do, like a reflex. I think I might have just stood there shocked, untill it all was over, forgetting all about cameras and shooting. Then again, maybe not! :-)</p>

<p>Adams were using aperture priority, ISO 400 and the lens was wide open. The lens is doing well at f/4.</p>

<p>Why is that eagle grabbing hold of a stuffed fox? That taxidermist did a fine job posing the fox that way.</p>

<p>That's the first thought that popped in my head when I first saw that image because the subjects look too darn sharp and clear without any movement blur. The tiny white dots representing kicked up snow even make it look staged and faked. It just looks weird.</p>

<p>Maybe it's the way it's downsized for web viewing.</p>

>>>That taxidermist did a fine job posing the fox that way.<<<

Good thing for the success of the photographer that the eagle happened to stike the side the pre-posed fox was facing and that the pose looked like it was a response to being clawed right there ;)