A Sign of the Times

alan_swartz

<p>I know we shouldn't consume space talking about items up for auction, but I couldn't pass this one up. Seen in a description of a T60 for sale:</p>

<p><em>"It is missing the Sensor and I don’t know what else is wrong with it because I can’t test it."</em><br>

<br>

Film? What's that?</p>

<p>hmm ... one possibility could be that the camera is missing the SPC (Silicone photo cell, I think), the light sensor (or perhaps an IR sensor if T-90 has one).</p>

<p>Sorry for trying to kill the hilarious fun :)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I hope it's missing a silicone photocell, because it uses a silicon photocell. Transistors don't work too well when made from gasket sealer. : )</p>

<p>Judging by the apparent depth of knowledge exhibited by the seller, he/she wouldn't know where to begin disassembly to find the phototransistor.</p>

<p>well, then, that seals it, it *is* hilarious.</p>

<p>Remind me of a time some weekends ago when I was taking some pictures of a friends' gathering with my Epic Stylus. After a few pictures, the kids (4~8 year olds) ran over and demanded I show them on the LCD screen how they turned out. A generation that is probably never going to find out about film photography. :(</p>

<p>Very funny,what worries me too is when you see people selling 100 sheet boxes of printing paper that they say contain 98 sheets, and I wonder if they have been opened in a darkroom in safelight conditions or daylight, because in these digital days many people don't realize that paper and film are light sensative.</p>