A puzzle over picture sizes.

<p>I use a 24" monitor set to 1920 pixel resolution , so it seems logical to me that if I bring up a picture in Photoshop at 750 pixels long it should appear just short of 8" across on my screen ( 750/1920 = 0.39 x screen horizontal measurement of 20.25" = 7.9"). And it does.</p>

<p>My puzzle concerns when I view the same size picture on a browser. On Chrome and IE it shows up at 6.25". I don't understand why. </p>

<p>Then on Firefox they show up at about 8" - despite having the zoom % set at the same 100% on all three browsers.</p>

<p>Is this just the way things are, or does it reflect that I've got something else set causing it?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>You can set the screen resolution in Preferences/Units & Rulers.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br />This has nothing to do with the problem David is having. The screen resolution is fixed already, it's a problem that browsers aren't consistent in the image display size.<br /> <br />The most likely explanation is that height and width attributes are unspecified for the browser and that, in the absence of those attributes, the browsers make their own, different decisions on how to display the image.<br /> <br /> If you create a simple local webpage using the img tag with height and width attributes, that may result in consistent display.</p>

Browsers usually display images pixel = pixel. The size depends on the resolution of the image in pixels and that of the

screen. I can't find any option to change that in Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. You may have an image viewer separate from the browser which has adjustments.