A nudder Nettar (515/2)

You come up with so many clean cameras ! The B&W's are gorgeous. The curved barn is, of course, my favorite. I love curved surfaces on buildings (and women.) The white sky really works well in the shot. Very stark.<p> If I was in charge of the world I'd bury all powerlines and such.

Hey! I just got one of these in the mail today (mine has a Klio shutter though)! If fact, I just stopped in here to see what was going on before going to clean some haze off the lenses. Mine also came with an exposed roll of film in it. In the next few days hopefully I'll find time to scan them in.

I'm really looking forward to putting it to use; this will be my first MF camera that isn't square. I've also got a 515 coming that will hopefully arrive this week still. Your previous post on the 515 planted a bug in my head that wouldn't leave; fortunately it was a cheap bug to kill.

Alan

Dean, pretty sure that locomotive is a Heisler made in Erie Pennsylvania. A Shay has a boiler offset to the left side and the cylinders are on the right side sitting perfectly vertical driving a driveshaft on the right side. Shays were made in Lima Ohio. A simular logging engine is a Climax made in Corry Pennsylvania. Oops! I'm a train buff.<p>Randy Jay

Gene; This one came to me pretty clean, but they're not all like that. The Argus 40 from a week or two back was sitting in a dust covered pile of junk in a hardware/antiques store. I clean 'em up cause I like 'em. Sometimes a soft cloth will do, sometimes Lysol and a Brillo pad. As you've said in the past, "powerlines suck"...totally dude.

Wendy; Thank you. I'm crazy about old farm stuff.

John; I wasn't sure. Everything on it is like a Shay, except the cylinders would be tucked up near the rear of the boiler. At Christmas time this engine is quite a display, covered with colored lights.

Alan; Yep, you've got the bug. Aren't you glad it wasn't for Alpas? Show us your results when you get them.

Randy; Been a long time since I've seen a real Shay. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I used to see a lot of RR stuff when I was younger. A number of the men on my mom's side of the family worked their whole lives on various lines, and they were all train nuts. My great uncle has one of the largest date nail collections in the US. Another was an administrator (I guess that's what you'd call it) of the RR museum at the Casa del Deserto-Harvey House in Barstow CA. A neat place for buffs if you ever pass that way.

I got one with Telma shutter as well, the shutter is pretty easy to clean, the glass is pretty darn good (novar-anstigmat/4.5 11cm). The first pics came out overexposed/underexposed (I guessed exposition) but they are very printable and sharp to the corners.

the blelows has been the killer though, light leaks, cracks...