A new low....

davidmccracken

<p>There have been a lot of people complaining about adverts over the years. I realise that complaining about them rarely has any impact although you have, in certain cases, arranged to have certain ads removed.<br>

<br /> So here I am browsing a photo site (this photo site) and my ears get abused with a video advert WITH SOUND. I resent the fact that as a paying subscriber I have to put up with so many ads. However I am absolutely livid that my ears have to be abused in this way.<br>

<br /> The ad in question was for 'Harpic' which is a toilet cleaner here in the UK. I am fairly sure none of the photographers contributing to this site clean their cameras with toilet cleaner.<br>

<br /> Am I being unreasonable when I say that this is a new low?</p>

<p>I have to disagree with my friend David on this. I think everyone, especially photographers, should be kept current on the most efficient and cost-effective means of cleaing toilets! And if it takes an extremely obnoxious ad with sound to do it, well, that's just too bad, isn't it? And besides, David, don't you know that Photo.net is not a charity with free access? It is, after all, a business with any number of ways to generate revenue, including ads and subscriptions. So stop croaking.</p>

<p><strong>Note to David:</strong> You <em>do</em> know I'm having you on, don't you?</p>