A Lense? A Box? A Reflector? Answer my newbie question here!

<p>Hello and thank you for bein interested on answering a newbie's question, my experience in the photography area is not too good; though i've been interested in starting to know more about it i've haven't been able and and i've done pretty dumb stuff but i researched and read some books to get where im now, at least i know how to adjust settings for the need of the picture, (that way you know how new i am.).</p>

<p>Now my question is the next, im interested on structural shoots, portraits and fashion as main, im signed up for some related stuff and im ordering my first dslr tonight, im going for a Nikon D60, at the moment i've bought the next bundle:</p>

<ul >

<li>KIT INCLUDES 8 PRODUCTS -- All Brand New Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties:</li>

<li><#1> Nikon D60 Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm VR Zoom Lens Outfit PLUS + <#2> Transcend 8GB HC SecureDigital Class 6 (SDHC) Card +</li>

<li><#3> Spare EN-EL9 Li-Ion Battery Pack + <#4> Nikon SLR System Case +</li>

<li><#5> USB 2.0 High Speed SecureDigital (SD) Card Reader + <#6> Digital Image Recovery Software +</li>

<li><#7> Memory Card Storage Wallet + <#8> Cameta Microfiber Cleaning Cloth</li>

<li>Opteka .35x HD² Super Wide Angle Macro Fisheye Lens</li>

<li>Tripod w/ carrying case. 57''</li>

</ul>

<p>For my needs, experience and interests oh and... camera/system what other accesories would you recommend me to get and what are they useful for?</p>

<p>Well, on Amazon, the lens and camera were $529, so I hope you didn't pay much more than that, as most of the other stuff will be very low quality. Please be careful with that fisheye lens. I had one of those cheap ones, and ended up at the camera store where it took two people and a pliers to get it off my camera. The tripod probably isn't worth much either.<br>

Anyway, have fun. The only other thing I would want right away is a longer lens, but I guess some people do live with only a max of 55mm, but wouldn't do for me at all. The 18-200VR lens is a very nice lens for starters, and saves you the pain of changing lens all the time, should you want longer.</p>

<p>I've never had a problem with Amazon directly, just watch when other vendors come up, make sure you're still actually buying from Amazon and not off a pop-up, that way Amazon still stands behind it. Something a little longer, like a fixed 85 1.8, it will give you a nice bright lens with some reach and is excellent for portraits. Or like already mentioned, another zoom in the longer range.</p>

<p>Unless you do a lot of shooting for hours at a time, you shouldn't need an extra battery. The card reader is questionable, the memory card wallet isn't needed (you only have 1 memory card right now, plus most camera bags have space for them). I agree with Debbie on the fisheye adapter. A tripod is good to have, but you'd be better getting the body/lens and adding your own accessories. I've yet to see a bundle like this where all the products were actually worth the added price.</p>

<p>keep doing what you are doing. Read, learn, read, and go shoot. The more you learn your equipment, the better you will be. Also, start researching some quality lens in the f1.4, f1.8, f2.8 range. These will give you a little more flexibility in certain shooting situations. Once you learn your camera and lens.. then you may want to looking into getting some strobe lights, or wireless flash/off camera options.</p>

<p>Thank You All for your help and Nathan yes indeed some of those are extras i would not need but Amazon.com only sells the camera on that bundle (without fisheye and tripod, those i manually added) other than that an only body Nion D60 only comes in a Gold Special Edition which is more expensive that the bundle with the normal camera and those extras, which i obviouly prefered, And Debbie, do you have any tips for me about the fisheye? so i can avoid having the same trouble you had?</p>

<p>In case, you didn't catch it: Don't get the other "junk". And it is mostly junk, IMHO. For starters just get the camera body, and the kit lens. (get a Sandisk or Lexar SD card).<br /> <br /> Also, I have never seen Amazon.com bundle all that stuff (junk) in their camera kits, you are probably ordering from third-party retailer (like 'Cameta'), who uses Amazon to sell. This is typical of third-party retailers, they add a bunch of worthless accessories and charge you another $100-200.<br /> <br /> One way to tell if you are actually ordering from Amazon.com directly, Amazon ALWAYS has free shipping. Other sellers/retailers on AMZ usually charge shipping.</p>

<p>I'm guessing this is the order you are getting (or some junk similar to this): http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D60-Digital-18-55mm-Accessory/dp/B00154KTXI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250142820&sr=8-10</p>

<p>I strongly suggest you get this for $539: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0012OGF6Q/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance</p>