A Guide for the Abstracted

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by michaellinder, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlineen, Phil S and mikemorrell like this.
  2. From the Tate Britain web site ...
    I liked being reminded of the actual derivation of the word. The potential emotional/moral/spiritual dimension is something often neglected.

michaellinder likes this.
  3. Thanks, Michael. These examples effectively portray certain aspects of abstract photography that deal with technique and choice of subject and composition. One observation is, the author tends to focus on the simplicity, symmetry and calmness aspects of abstract imagery. However I think, abstracts can be complex, layered, mind boggling/psychedelic, restless and your own work is evidence of that.

michaellinder likes this.
  4. Thanks,

5. You're welcome.

6. Rather banal and superfluous to my mind. It says, or tells nothing....scribbling, is the thought that comes to mind.

Hey, everyone to their own.

The Emperor without clothes.

Two weavers who promise an Emperor new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions

stupid, or incompetent...

7. Guess I'm one of them.

8. Reality and fantasy.

Folks really like fantasy, best.

Jesus died on a cross, fantasy. Jesus died on a stake, which was the norm of the times.

Get the picture?

9. Good way to demonstrate how perspective can create abstraction. It's as if the tree is growing horizontally. The birds hardly resemble birds in the ordinary sense of 'resemble.'

10. Banal and superfluous? Maybe the descriptions of abstract elements and the use of photographic examples might be helpful to some?

11. "Or differently put, you can't escape your own reflection into the window that is abstract art. It's only limited to the degree that you are".Phil.

Rigmarole.

If you cannot see fairies at the bottom of your garden you are
    limited to the degree that you are". Phil.

Stupid..

12. "Maybe the descriptions of abstract elements and the use of photographic examples might be helpful to some?" Michael.

So said the Emperor in his all together.

13. I drew a line on a piece of white paper in black ink.

Some folks felt a feeling from it, a sort of feeling of the majesty of Art. Many words were written about the line among the scholars of Art.

Verbosity claiming Art.

14. Indeed.

Sort of mind blowing to see fairies at the bottom of garden )) But to be fair, some abstract art is interesting; only if it masterfully done, by those of talent.

But of course you can say that about all Art. However, Abstract Art is very open to those who would exploit Art for the coins-regardless of the Art.

They cloak it with verbosity for the masses.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  15. "Well, seems like you have deleted your "Jesus on the cross is a fantasy" comment. But here's still my response to that" Phil.

I have not deleted anything neither have I the means to do so.

Matthew 27:40 Matthew 27:40
    40 and saying: “You who would throw down the temple and build it in three days,a save yourself! If you are a son of God, come down off the torture stake!” Really, get your facts together.

Stake, not cross.

16. Paint a picture of fairies and we are all it.

News to me we can delete our own posts.

17. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

18. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

Matthew according to Jehovah's witnesses... come on.

Every Bible I've ever seen has "CROSS." not torture stake.

19. That made me laugh. I’ve not heard that word in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.