A few recent shots - Nikon FE

<p>Hi all,<br /><br />so I finally managed to put a roll through my trusty Nikon FE again :-) Whenever I use it, I'm delighted at the simplicity and small size of it - it just has all the basics in the right places. And as opposed to some of my other cameras, it actually has a meter inside and even does Aperture Priority :-) I guess this is as close to "point and shoot" that you'll ever get inside this forum.<br /><br />Anyway, I just scanned some of the best pictures on the roll and thought that I'd share them here... And end the "show" with a picture of the camera, of course :-)<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any and all comments !!<br /><br />Soeren</p><div>00aRsY-470737584.jpg.2681d45e12ae000ab913985bd2cd482d.jpg</div>

<p>Next, a portrait using a pre-AI 50/1.4 wide open. There surely must be a plane of focus hiding somewhere in all that bokeh :-)<br /><br />You can mount this on the FE by flipping up the AI indexing tab, but lose open-aperture metering. I've since had it AI-converted professionally, BTW, to overcome this issue.</p><div>00aRsg-470743584.jpg.7b29d794da40b9609df3c014ca924d61.jpg</div>

<p>This is Anton riding a "rope slider" of sorts - sorry but I don't know the proper name in English, but at least you can see that he's having fun. And Asta, too :-)<br /><br />The Sigma 28/1.8 is an AF lens and absolutely impossibly to focus manually due to the very short fosusing throw. Yuck :-(</p><div>00aRsp-470747584.jpg.b021a0ae9bf5b7655b58dff62b75ef68.jpg</div>

<p>Finally, a shot of the camera - as promised. The 28/3.5 is great and relatively small, while the 45P really deserves its "pancake" moniker. The 105/2.5 is much larger, of course - especially with the hood - but I could see myself going on a week-end trip with just the FE and the two shorter lenses.<br /><br />BTW, the film was Kodak BW400CN Professional, that I scan on a COOLSCAN IV ED - I never use anything else these days and hope that it will continue to be available from Kodak in the future...<br /><br />Thanks for looking :-)<br /><br />Soeren</p><div>00aRt0-470753584.jpg.81d493721bd25b5d1841cc5495299b17.jpg</div>

<p>Beautiful family and beautiful work. I spent all day yesterday roaming the countryside with an F4s and an ancient FT2, a few manual focus lenses and some HP5. It was a lot of fun roaming through some old barns. I'll put a few up when I get them souped. <br /><br />Rick H.</p>

<p>Thanks, all :-)<br /><strong><br />John</strong>, I'm not certain that it's just called a swing - he's actually going about 10 MPH horizontally along a very long cable, from which the vertical rope is suspended on a sort of pulley. Stupid me - I actually have a picture of that, so I'll stop babbling and post that instead :-) </p><div>00aRuS-470771584.jpg.b4b630f646581604a696442bffcd9dbd.jpg</div>