A few CMC Shots from Wintery Sofia, Bulgaria

<p>Hi all,<br /><br />About a month ago, I spent four days working in Sofia, the Capital of Bulgaria. I only had very limited spare time, but brought the M3 anyway :-) This was when the winter was worst in Eastern Europe - night temperatures were around -20 Celcius - that's below zero even in Fahrenheit... Hope that you enjoy them :-)<br /><br />Soeren<br /><br /><br />The first is our hotel - the Kempinski residing on the highest hill in town.</p><div>00a7xY-449513684.jpg.fdd6275b31709bb34a7fe4479f05e8a3.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks guys - I really appreciate your positive comments :-) Although I do have lenses from 21 to 90, I tend to gravitate towards the 28 and, especially, the 50. Although the Summarit 1.5 isn't "perfect" - especially wide open - I really like what it brings me back, and I only use my 1962 Elmar 2.8 when I want something even more compact or need to be able to use a yellow filter.<br /><br />As for the cold, <strong>Rick</strong>, I didn't feel the need for a "K" camera :-) I didn't have too much time out, and I brought a small belt pouch anyway, so the camera didn't get really cold... The only issue with cold I ever had was an OM-20 where the mirror stuck up. After half an hour at home, it came back down.<br>

My Nikon F has seen quite a bit of frost without complaining: <a href="http://www.imagepro.dk/Skagen_2010/">http://www.imagepro.dk/Skagen_2010/</a>.<br /><br />More comments welcome !!<br /><br />Soeren</p><div>00a86C-449673584.jpg.fcdb48a09d1247bf439b79eef7644f0b.jpg</div>

<p>I'm always late to the party!! Like the others said;always a treat to see a post from you. Maybe the Kodak sign.. was directing you towards the bears and not the famous film company. I like the feel of the early morning shot ! The first one is really nicely composed wit the Hotel on the hill. I , too was going to ask about the cold. My Contax IIa (not cla'd) won't fire when cold! </p>

<p>Really nice set of photos. My M is usually OK in extreme cold but my 50mm Collapsible tends to get stiffer and stiffer! Eventually locke. Luckily that day, it was on 15feet and f11. So i simply shot pix. It was sunny but extremely cold. My F has never stopped working in extreme cold unlike my F3!<br>

Again once again a wonderful tale and photos.</p>