A Day Out With The Metra

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by kmac, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Stuart, yes it was quite satisfying, my first go at it, it worked and I learned a great deal from the experience. Mind you, the needle was bashing up against the meter's housing before I adjusted the power of the cell down to where it should be. I don't know which gave me the bigger thrill, the needle going off the scale and bashing against the wall, or when I finally got the needle to go further than just half way up the scale

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Thanks for posting Rick. The film was FP4 dunked in Adox Rodinal 1:50 15mins. I think the recommended 15 mins was a bit long, the negs seemed too dense and grainy for my liking. I did notice though that it suited the indoor flash shots I took, no big grain that I could see, and thinner negs. I used Rodinal this time because it was handy, but I'll be using 1:1 ID11 in future when I mix a fresh lot, it's the brew I'm used to for FP4

3. Yes, for sure. For negative films there is latitude, but for slides you need close to on the spot exposure.

4. When it sees the light of day, I'll try the new Ektachrome as a guinea pig in the Metra JD. In the meantime I'm planning a "Part Two" for the thread. I have a new C41 kit ready to be mixed for some negative film which I'll expose this weekend coming