A couple more from the Moskva-5

Only two, so I'll post them here. I've had a love/hate relationship

with this camera, so I've finally decided to dump her for a new girl.

Still, she takes fine pictures if you can get used to the left-hand

and vertical centred ergonomics.<div>00CrQ0-24644384.jpg.6c21d3ab138da6104fbd371f5d66900b.jpg</div>

No, I'm sticking to Zeiss Ikon from here on end. I want to put some sort of direction into my collecting and knowledge level. The Rolleiflex 2.8 is one important exception.

I do still have my 6x6 Ikonta which is a much better handling camera IMO. For 6x9 I'd like a 6x9 Mess Ikonta or Super Ikonta with Tessar. Still left release but at least the viewfinder isn't off to the far right side. I keep hoping for a beater to turn up for cheap so I can give it the full treatment.

I feel badly that you didn't dig the Moskva... not that I am to blame for it, just that I had wanted you to be happy with the trade. Still, looks like your CLA did some good for the old gal - that CN tower shot, if not cropped, is a nice improvement, edge to edge, over my results with same camera.

<p>Sorry, when I posted the previous comment I hadn't yet seen the second photo. That's good too, but I still think the first justifies the purchase of the Moskva.</p><p>Another tasty-looking (but again non-Zeiss) camera is the original Voigtländer Prominent. It has all sorts of interesting looking bits: torpedo launchers, perhaps. Apparently it's a nightmare to fix, though.</p>

Mike:

Thanks for sharing. Great photos.

Could you please indicate how you did these fantastic scans. I posted some of mine last time and they looked like #$%%.

The quality of your photos makes me feel like going out and exposing tons of 120 format film.

Thanks.

Both are full frame with only minimum cropping to get the 6x9 ratio. This Moskva leaves rounded corners and more like 6x9.5 images. Not to take anything away from other great camera brands, I just want to restrict myself or I will get pulled in too many directions.

<p>Craig - I was about to dump the Kiev 4A on ebay soon anyway. I have to finance my new CZ 135/4 Sonnar and an upcoming 35/2.8 Biogon purchase for my Contax RF if I can locate a nice one. Just too many cameras, especially too many with normal lenses. I can't bear to have them sit around unused like some people so I keep the collection lean and mean.

<p>Scanned with an Epson 3200 flatbed as a positive using Vuescan, inverted and processed in Photoshop CS using the <a href="http://www.shutterbug.net/features/0902sb_bw/index.html">David Brooks Shutterbug Technique.</a> I use the same technique for 35mm shots but I use my Nikon film scanner.

Mike E: Zeiss Ikon except my Rolleiflex 2.8! I do want an Ikoflex too but there is no real equivalent to the planar type lenses in a TLR platform. This whole Zeiss thing of mine is your fault, after all ;)

Paul: Its listed on the capitalist auction site right now. You'll find it easily enough if you need another :)