A Conglomeration of Cameras

I've been putting together an album of photographs of some of the cameras that have found their way onto my shelves. It's a work in progress but, mercifully, the rate of acquisition has slowed to a trickle as the supply has diminished and the prices have risen. Many of these images have appeared on CMC over the past years; there's nothing of great rarity or value but you might find a few of interest.

The Cameras

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
I am missing a Minolta SR-2 ;-)

Oddly enough, a SR-1 turned up this morning. I'll attach a snapshot of the outfit. I haven't had a chance to clean it, but it looks very tidy and seems to be all go, and has the original 55mm Rokkor PF f/2 lens. It's interesting to note that, now many people such as myself are using the old lenses on a digital platform, it's becoming apparent that many of these "lesser" f/2 or f/2.2 lenses perform as well (and in some cases better) than their more hallowed f/1.7 and f/1.4 brethren. I still don't have a copy of the original SR-2, oddly enough the predecessor of the SR-1. They seem to be a little hard to come by.

Thanks Fred; that pic is one of my favourites, too.

Minolta SR-1 (model V)

1581840018_MinoltaSR1Pnet.thumb.JPG.a134b795e37948ab84d3d62998b243a5.JPG

Very nice example. I have an SR-3 with the 55mm f1.8 Auto Rokkor and the 100mm f3.5 Auto Rokkor. I've heard there were two versions of the SR-3 with the first one having semi auto aperture. One source stated the first version had split screen focusing aid. The version I have has fully auto diaphragm but microprism focusing.