A 365 day thread

<p>If anyone is interested I thought it might be fun to start a thread today (Jan. 1) and have various members post a picture each day through Dec. 31 of this year. Obviously the picture doesn't have to be taken on the day you post it (although if you have a darkroom or live close to a 1 hour lab you might). Since time zone differences are present we might occasionally see what appears to be two pictures on same date but no problem. Or if two members post at close to same time we might end up with two posts on same day. Again, no problem. Just thinking it might be fun. I'll start the ball rolling with a photo that I made a little over a month ago. So I've got Jan. 1 covered. So another member can post tomorrow to continue our year long thread.<br>

And please feel free to post more than once.</p><div>00d2ei-553725684.jpg.3a1d3a0ebbf2b094d7bdebe63392f273.jpg</div>

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep this thread visible you might ask a mod

to sorta-sticky it. However photo.net software

doesn't accommodate long term sticky threads, so

it would need to be redone every couple of weeks.

The best solution may be for two or three folks

to remember to bump the thread around once a week

if it goes dormant. That'll help members and

visitors who only drop by once a week or month.

It'll be interesting to see how it develops.

<p>I've got the photo for January 6: an old image from 1972. Camera was a Sears Cubex (made by Imperial). Extremely modest specs here- a single element 60mm lens (probably around f11) and a single shutter speed. Film was Verichrome Pan. The film was either overdeveloped or overexposed so it was tough to scan. I used an Epson V600. Since I don't have a 127 carrier I positioned the negative under the 2x2 transparency holder and that seemed to work. </p><div>00d3JU-553863884.jpg.c22282f2c220e206dcb991f403d248d7.jpg</div>

<p>Lyddington Bede House, Rutland, England. The Bede House in the picturesque village of Lyddington, was originally the medieval wing of a palace owned by the Bishops of Lincoln. By 1600 it was owned bySir Thomas Cecil, son of Queen Elizabeth’s chief minister. Cecil converted it into an almshouse for <em>"12 poor ‘bedesmen’ over 30 years old and two women (over 45), all free of lunacy, leprosy or the French pox."</em> <a href="http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/lyddington-bede-house/">Link </a></p>

<div>00d47r-554043684.jpg.5eacbc2d97f1529d4811b696777d5757.jpg</div>

<p>For day 14 of the new year, a photo from my Konica C35V. The C35V wasn't as popular as the C35 and C35 Automatic because it lacked a rangefinder. However, it shared the same 38mm f2.8 Hexanon lens and programmed automation. One neat feature, though: Since the C35V did not have guide number settings for automatic flash, it had manual aperture settings. So, if one wanted some degree of manual control you could set it for flash (albeit a blistering 1/25 second), but could select apertures from f2.8 to f14.</p><div>00d4Ga-554075884.jpg.3e1e9142ae4cebd1bd280f5224d74b0c.jpg</div>

I feel the same way about "point of order" Q.G., but as of 10:41 P.M. (CST) no one had posted for the day so I wanted to keep the original order going of at least one photo per day this year. Normally, I would have preferred to wait a while before contributing again. Generally, I will wait until a few minutes before 11 CST since my posts often show up as EST which is an hour later. Not sure if we have anyone in the Pacific Time Zone (2 hours earlier than CST) that contributes, so any posts from that zone would actually show for next day. BTW, I've enjoyed the pictures you have submitted and hope you will continue to contribute.

Also, thanks go to our moderator for placing a "sticky" on this thread to keep it at the top for easy access.

Thanks, James. If I'd waited a few more minutes... Look forward to seeing your photo.

I checked this thread about 10:30 PM last night and saw no photo for Jan 15. I thought I had better put one in just to keep the continuity going. Then I selected a photo, scanned it, cropped it, resized it, saved it and came back here to find that Mike had already taken care of Jan 15 almost at the last moment. Nothing wrong with Mike stepping up at the end of the day and posting another photo since no one else had. If someone were to post photos for several days in a row and all shortly after midnight, 00:01 a.m., well, that would be a different matter. Fortunately we know that everyone understands the aim of the thread and would not do that.
James G. Dainis