90 APO Summicron Focusing Throw

bryan_andregg

I currently have a Voigtlander 90/3.5 APO Lanthar. It's a fine lens, but I find that the focus

throw is sooo long on it that I don't look forward to using it even for those "must have"

shots. I'm wondering how the focus throw on the 90 APO Summicron is? Can anyone tell

me either a) how they compare or b) how they feel about the Summicron?

Bryan, I sometimes have Leica lenses reset to give the lighter focusing and stiffer aperture settings that I prefer, the passport will cover it on a new lens. The throw on the 90 Summicron is long, but if that's all that's stopping you achieving "must have" shots then you're a lucky man to be so close to consistent success:-)

Yes the focus throw is long, but you need precision when you shoot with a 90 at 2. Focusing on my 90 'cron APO was a bit stiff at the beginning. I did exercise it for maybe 10 to 20 min. Now it's very very smooth. A beautiful lens.

Jay, it's not always about making fortunes. Maybe that's a major difference between the American and the European view of the world. But you should have seen my bicycle back in the 70's. And my hand-painted Easy Rider helmet... ;-)