90, 105, 120 or 125 for 4x5?

<p>I just got a toyo45CF, and sicn ei was used to a cambo 8x10 now i feel using cardbox...is amazing how light it is...maybe not much control, true, but built for my specific project works fine...photography and multiporpose are words not good together ...anyway<br>

i have several lens for 8x10 but only one super angulon 121 for the 4x5<br>

i need a wide lens, btu not to wide, for streetscape, and urban arhcitecture but without exagerrated point of view... i dont like the 21 for the 35mm, maybe something close to 28/35 would be better for my project...<br>

what are the good choices in this range, excluding super expensive lenses over 700$ used?<br>

what's the equivalent of 90,105,120,125 compared to 35mm format?<br>

thanks</p>

<p>As you know, one of the problems with LF is that kit tends to be large, heavy and expensive. That provides an incentive to minimize kit. </p>

<p>Don't know the details of the Toyo, but a 90mm lens is typically the largest that can be used without a bag bellows. Having only one bellows can simplify life. </p>

<p>90 mm was always the traditional wide angle for 4x5, it covers roughly the same as 28 mm on 35 mm format. A 90 mm Super Angulon or Nikon, Rodentock etc. equivalent gives useful coverage coupled with appreciable scope to use camera mosvements. Thsi focal length is also available relatively cheaply secondhand.</p>

<p>90mm is a good choice of wideangle for 5x4. Anything shorter and it gets a bit awkward to use, with having to put both standards on one side of the rail-mount and maybe forcing you to use bag bellows. The 80mm Super-Symmar XL is a nice lens though - not quite as wide as the more common 75mm choices, but just that little bit more expansive (and expensive) than 90mm.</p>

<p>A 90mm is roughly equivalent to 28mm on miniature film, but it depends whether you match the horizontal or vertical angle-of-view, since the aspect ratio isn't the same. The vertical angle-of-view (in landscape) is more like that of a 24mm lens on 135 film.</p>

• 2 weeks later...